Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SWOSU Coaching Candidates

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SWOSU Coaching Candidates

    Any names????

  • #2
    Lincoln Riley...may move down to avoid the SEC ;)

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by canadarican View Post
      Lincoln Riley...may move down to avoid the SEC ;)
      boy was this close to perfect

      went to USC because he wasnt a fan of the move to the SEC

      Comment


      • #4
        I haven't heard much from the people I know at SWOSU, which is surprising. Idk if it's because it was Thanksgiving weekend or what, but hopefully I will have a better update this week lol.

        Comment


        • #5
          Jeff Sims (Was HC at MOSO)
          Jeff Weeks (Been all over - Currently at Jackson State - Big connection with Rex Ryan)

          Heard a few more, but nothing concrete.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by WashedUpHasBeen View Post
            Jeff Sims (Was HC at MOSO)
            Jeff Weeks (Been all over - Currently at Jackson State - Big connection with Rex Ryan)

            Heard a few more, but nothing concrete.
            I heard about the Jeff Sims rumor. I would not be a fan at all of that move, and I hope to God they don't do that. Jeff Weeks would be interesting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

              boy was this close to perfect

              went to USC because he wasnt a fan of the move to the SEC
              You aren't wrong. He ran scared all the way to LA.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                I haven't heard much from the people I know at SWOSU, which is surprising. Idk if it's because it was Thanksgiving weekend or what, but hopefully I will have a better update this week lol.
                I am just as anxious about SAU. I am hoping for no more internal hires. Maybe a solid high school coach or solid assistant. SAU has done really well in the past and has some decent facilities now. Not to mention recruiting areas of the ARK LA TEX. I wish we could even get Bill back!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I have heard a lot of names over the last week. Jeff Weeks from Jackson State, Robert Nunn from Appalachian State, Bryan Nardo from Youngstown State, as well as quite a few others. I know SWOSU was in talks with Garin Higgins from Emporia until the UCO job opened up, and he tried hard to get the UCO job. With UCO getting the monster hire in Dorrel, I'm curious to see if Higgins wants to be back in OK bad enough to take the SWOSU job. Either way, there seems to be a lot of interest from some really good coaches, so that is very good to hear.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    BulldogLB have you heard a time frame for when SWOSU intends to make a decision/announcement?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                      I have heard a lot of names over the last week. Jeff Weeks from Jackson State, Robert Nunn from Appalachian State, Bryan Nardo from Youngstown State, as well as quite a few others. I know SWOSU was in talks with Garin Higgins from Emporia until the UCO job opened up, and he tried hard to get the UCO job. With UCO getting the monster hire in Dorrel, I'm curious to see if Higgins wants to be back in OK bad enough to take the SWOSU job. Either way, there seems to be a lot of interest from some really good coaches, so that is very good to hear.
                      It's so tough to recruit and win at the small Oklahoma schools located in small town USA. I look at our situation here a NWOSU and wonder. The current coach inherited a 3-9 team and with his first full 5 year recruiting cycle sans covid led them to a 2-9 season. He started with alot of young talent left by the previous regime and the ecitement of newly gained D2 certification but once they cycled through the bottom has really dropped out. You can only do so much when the odds are against you. Perhaps dropping back to the NAIA would be the way to go for both schools.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ranger Rick View Post

                        It's so tough to recruit and win at the small Oklahoma schools located in small town USA. I look at our situation here a NWOSU and wonder. The current coach inherited a 3-9 team and with his first full 5 year recruiting cycle sans covid led them to a 2-9 season. He started with alot of young talent left by the previous regime and the ecitement of newly gained D2 certification but once they cycled through the bottom has really dropped out. You can only do so much when the odds are against you. Perhaps dropping back to the NAIA would be the way to go for both schools.
                        i cant speak for NWOSU. never laid eyes on the school or players. i can say ive watched SWOSU multiple times since 2014. a few recruiting visits etc. some of the players LATELY are somewhat sketchy....the stands are full though. id say support is there they have to clean up the roster and put money into the facilities. in this day and age, you cant have the football team using a barn for weights AND making them share space and time with all the other sports programs.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                          I have heard a lot of names over the last week. Jeff Weeks from Jackson State, Robert Nunn from Appalachian State, Bryan Nardo from Youngstown State, as well as quite a few others. I know SWOSU was in talks with Garin Higgins from Emporia until the UCO job opened up, and he tried hard to get the UCO job. With UCO getting the monster hire in Dorrel, I'm curious to see if Higgins wants to be back in OK bad enough to take the SWOSU job. Either way, there seems to be a lot of interest from some really good coaches, so that is very good to hear.
                          Serious question. Do you really believe someone would come from Appalachian State to SWOSU? Seems like a stretch unless you have Weatherford connections.
                          Roll Chos!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by RollChos View Post

                            Serious question. Do you really believe someone would come from Appalachian State to SWOSU? Seems like a stretch unless you have Weatherford connections.
                            He’s from Apache, Oklahoma, and his two nephews just finished playing at SWOSU. Another guy from what I hear wants to come back to OK. I wouldn’t be surprised if he decided not to do it, but I know for a fact he reached out to the program.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

                              i cant speak for NWOSU. never laid eyes on the school or players. i can say ive watched SWOSU multiple times since 2014. a few recruiting visits etc. some of the players LATELY are somewhat sketchy....the stands are full though. id say support is there they have to clean up the roster and put money into the facilities. in this day and age, you cant have the football team using a barn for weights AND making them share space and time with all the other sports programs.
                              The SWOSU weight room is really nice on the inside. And we didn’t share space with other sports while we were in there. We only had two weightlifting groups cause you can work out 55-60 at a time in there. UCO’s weight room was utter garbage until they put that new facility in the endzone. It was one of the things that turned me off of UCO when I went on my official visit. Couldn’t imaging spending 4-5 years in that weight room. Now if I was coming out of high school today, I would definitely have picked UCO, but it is what it is. You’re right on the support and the players though. SWOSU still gets a ton of fan support. The coaching staff that was there didn’t bring a lot of good kids in while they were there.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X