Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Predictions for 2022 Season

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
    So one thing to consider with SEOSU is QB. My son is Daulton Hatley and he just graduated with his masters degree a few weeks ago. Well due to being redshirted and covid he was always classified as a junior on the field regardless of his academic classification. So it was just a done deal that he would be returning next season to play. But, due to his age he only has one semester of eligibility left. So he is required to sit out of this spring semester so that he can return in the fall and take classes and play football. So it was always just a done deal that he would be playing on the additional covid exemption that was granted by the NCAA to all players who had their 2020 season canceled. Well, from what we understand that only applies to students and athletes who are enrolled for the entire 2022 school year. Again due to him already having been redshirted as a freshman he only has 1 semester of eligibility remaining. So they are exploring whether or not he is able to use the additional covid eligibility or not. So he is currently awaiting further clarification from the NCAA.
    Good luck.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

      Now that I have had time to research, I want to come back and disabuse you of your propagandistic views.

      First, in the last decade HU has won 88 games, a winning % of .800 and a GAC winning % of .840.
      OBU has a total of 78 wins, a winning % of .772 and a GAC winning % of .798. Now its been a half a decade since I took a statistics class but I am going to go out on a limb and say those differences are statistically significant.

      Now you can use outdated information or just lie, but you can not BS a BSer. Also, the number of playoff wins a player on the 2021 HU team has is infinitely more % wise than any player on OBU's entire alumni base or current players combined since going D2. I hope that fact that our back-up place kick holder has more play off wins than TJ Cole. They may not have as many personal accolades but they do have a sense of team success.
      And players on Ouachita 2021 have more conference championships than anyone on Harding. Point is both teams are very good and neither is overrated. Both have played well for many years.

      Don’t understand your fixation here. Easy to admit both teams are very good.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

        Now that I have had time to research, I want to come back and disabuse you of your propagandistic views.

        First, in the last decade HU has won 88 games, a winning % of .800 and a GAC winning % of .840.
        OBU has a total of 78 wins, a winning % of .772 and a GAC winning % of .798. Now its been a half a decade since I took a statistics class but I am going to go out on a limb and say those differences are statistically significant.

        Now you can use outdated information or just lie, but you can not BS a BSer. Also, the number of playoff wins a player on the 2021 HU team has is infinitely more % wise than any player on OBU's entire alumni base or current players combined since going D2. I hope that fact that our back-up place kick holder has more play off wins than TJ Cole. They may not have as many personal accolades but they do have a sense of team success.
        Also I know how to do math. You only went back to 2012. I went back to 2011, I went back that extra year because no football in 2020. So if you look at the last 10 football seasons it's 77% to 76%.

        All that just proves my point. Both teams are very good. Seeing both at the top of most conference polls each year is merited. Don't see that as overrated.




        Comment


        • #19
          [QUOTE=ONCEATIGER25;n643846]I wanted to give this board some life. So let's start talking about the 2022 season. A long way to go but looking at what's coming back for each team and who these teams have picked up recruiting-wise, these are my predictions. Would love yours.

          1. Harding - They will just continue to reload and not miss a beat. Interested to see how they are without Chancey. Maybe a few teams get lucky early.
          2. Ouachita - Same story. Without a few playmakers on both sides, but surely they will find a better QB
          3. East Central - 20 starters back. Went and got some transfers it looks like, maybe the year an Oklahoma team finally pulls it off.
          4. Henderson State - No proven QB and no Curry. Who knows.
          5. SAU - Wouldn't be surprised if SAU is most improved team. They have the talent.
          6. Southeastern - Not quite as good of a team as 2021 but still solid.
          7. UAM - Still average
          8. Oklahoma Baptist - Lose all but 1 playmaker. I think they take a little tumble.
          9. Arkansas Tech - who knows.
          10. Swosu - slightly better but still swosu
          11. Nwosu - yikes
          12. SNU - worse yikes

          I have to agree, much of the same. Hoping we can win 3-4 this year.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

            And players on Ouachita 2021 have more conference championships than anyone on Harding. Point is both teams are very good and neither is overrated. Both have played well for many years.

            Don’t understand your fixation here. Easy to admit both teams are very good.
            every senior from this last class has 2 conference rings at HU

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

              every senior from this last class has 2 conference rings at HU
              I think they have 1. This year.

              Ouachita won 2017, 2018, 2019.


              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Brandon View Post

                Good luck.
                Thank you!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

                  Quachita won 2017, 2018, 2019 because of crappy GAC officiating due to our donors helping to match fix.
                  There fixed all of it for you Pusillanimous Puddycat.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

                    I think they have 1. This year.

                    Ouachita won 2017, 2018, 2019.

                    they have 2- 16 & 21... but good point.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yeah I guess if some used the COVID extra year and were already 5th years in 2020 that would count. It’s so confusing these days. We have 4th year, 5th year, and 6th year Seniors it seems.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Keep meaning to get back on this board, and add back to the conversation. Finally going to do it tonight

                        1. Ouachita - Running game super solid with both top 2 RB's back. Maybe transfer QB is the difference for passing game and as running game threat always salts game away. Defense will always be decent, bend don't break but not enough for a long playoff run. Still top 3 every year, and return probably best roster back from Arkansas schools
                        2. Harding - Offense losing multiple key playmakers with Chancey, QB Paden, a few slots gone. Defense losing all LB's but reloads everywhere else and in typical form is always a top defense in the country. First 4 weeks is toughest part of schedule and better get to them early before the young QB's get the option system rolling. Still feel playoff contending team but conference title unsure.
                        3. Southeastern - Quite solid, will be much improved. If QB back they will be a problem. Noticeable jump in talent last year, but consistency will be key.
                        4. East Central - 20 starters back. Went and got some transfers it looks like. Things building well in Ada. Can they continue momentum? Start with Harding a win there could be the start for a big season
                        5. Henderson State - All Maxfield does is consistently win, but all big playmakers gone with Curry and other WR's and QB gone, I expect a step back. Expect defensively too improve to next year. Probably will end up in fighting for a playoff spot and I'll look like an idiot for placing them this low
                        6. SAU - 3rd coaching staff in 3 years, is tough but talent available with Muleriders. RB is super talented and they have it in other places especially on defense. Will be interested in buy from players with changes
                        7. UAM - Still average, Brown at QB is a solid playmaker but lot of other talent and discipline can be lacking. Easily hardest job in Arkansas schools in GAC. Expect 4-5 wins
                        8. Arkansas Tech - Inconsistency is noticeable. Shipp is great offensive coach but will they consistently play that way with good QB play? Who knows. Lots of question marks here
                        9. Oklahoma Baptist - Lose every key playmaker but running back Steiver. Offense will be good, but defense still isn't complete. Getting more consistent every year, but really feel they missed a big chance in 2021 to make massive noise and will take huge step back in 2022
                        10. Swosu - Will be better than 0-fer season last year with new coaching staff. Can they relay new message, discipline, effort and bond to team. Remains to be seen
                        11. Nwosu - Matt Walters on thin ice here, don't expect it to last much longer
                        12. SNU - Hardest job in the conference, less scholly's spent on football than anyone else. Just very hard to build a competitve program without a buy in.. Always a bottom cellar dont see that changing anytime soon

                        PS! National signing day in 1 week and looking for lots great young athletes who will be joining the GAC!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Gonna go out on a limb here.... Harding or Ouachita will win the GAC.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            My prediction is GAC teams will lose in the playoffs

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                              My prediction is GAC teams will lose in the playoffs
                              What are your predictions for MIAA teams refusing to go to a bowl game after they don't make the playoffs?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

                                What are your predictions for MIAA teams refusing to go to a bowl game after they don't make the playoffs?
                                We have to give UCM something to play for!

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X