Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ranger Rick View Post
    11. Nwosu - Matt Walters on thin ice here, don't expect it to last much longer

Remains to be seen how the new University President sees things. Word on the street is Walters and former Prez who was instrumental in hiring him were pretty tight going back to his student and playing days at NWOSU. Some kind of mentorship or something like that. I'm guessing that is why he has hung on so long here. Not sure what kind of Coach could be enticed to come here anyway if and when Walters is gone. It's a really tough place to win at. Might just have to stay with what we have and accept 2-4 wins a year. It's not like Walters is on anyones short list as a Coach and a threat to leave. If he was I'm guessing he would have jumped shipped awhile ago. Us oldtimers long for the NAIA days where we could compete every saturday. Just win baby.
    Would love to see NWOSU and OBU (and even SNU) back in the Sooner Athletic, (the new CSFL to you). League is entertaining, more so than when the Rangers dominated, but you guys would be welcomed back.

Comment

Originally posted by badboyblynn View Post

Would love to see NWOSU and OBU (and even SNU) back in the Sooner Athletic, (the new CSFL to you). League is entertaining, more so than when the Rangers dominated, but you guys would be welcomed back.
      No longer is NWOSU feared. A shadow of it's former self.

Comment

I think the Oklahoma teams will be able to compete eventually. Just think you are going to have to see some program downfalls obviously. That or possible retirments of legendary coaches. Private Schools can pull some big talent though especitally if the players value their specific denomination/church. Heck SAU has been able to hold on I think with being so close to Texas and Lousiana. Tons of talent within it's grasp. We definitly don't have the best facilties or anything.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X