Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 GAC Pick'em Week 1

Well would you look at that, we are roughly a week away from the best time of the year!

I will be running the GAC Pick'em again this year, unless someone else just really wants to do it lolol.

It looks like every school in the conference plays on Thursday night next week, so please have game picks in by 6pm on 9/1.

The point system will stay the same.

Thursday 9/1 Games

Ouachita Baptist @ Oklahoma Baptist - 6pm

Arkansas Tech @ Southeastern Oklahoma - 6pm

Northwestern Oklahoma @ Southern Arkansas - 6pm

Harding @ East Central - 6pm

Arkansas Monticello @ Southern Nazarene - 6pm

Southwestern Oklahoma @ Henderson State - 7pm

Good luck everyone, and I am really looking forward to this year. It should be a very competitive season at the top of the conference this year, and I look forward to a another great season of GAC football.

Ouachita by 21
    SE by 17
    SAU by 24
    HU by 28
    UAM by 24
    HSU by 28

Comment

Oklahoma Baptist by 7
      SE by 17
      SAU by 21
      HU by 14
      UAM by 13

Upset Pick

Swosu by 10

Comment

Oklahoma Baptist by 10
        SEOSU by 17
        ??SAU by 14
        Harding by 24
        UAM by 3
        Henderson State by 7

Comment

OUA by 21
          SE by 14
          SAU by 13
          HU by 24
          UAM by 10
          HSU by 17

Comment

Ouachita by 21
            SE by 17
            SAU by 14
            HU by 14
            UAM by 14
            HSU by 21

Comment

Thanks for running it again BulldogLB!

Ouachita by 17

Southeastern Oklahoma by 14

Southern Arkansas by 10

Harding by 10

Arkansas Monticello by 21

Henderson State by 10

Comment

Ouachita Baptist by 14
                - I want to say it will be closer, but we really don't know much about the guys on offense at OKBU this year. Making this pick because there are question marks at OKBU, and we know the type of team that OBU will have.

Southeastern by 21
                - SE is too big and talented on offense for ATU. Defense is a question for SE, but I don't think ATU has the firepower to keep up in this one.

Southern Arkansas by 17
                - New coaching staff for SAU, but they get a very favorable matchup to start the season. The fact that it's at home makes it even better. It should be a good day for the new staff, barring a miracle.

Harding by 14
                - This is the one that interests me the most outside of my Bulldogs. We all know the best time to play Harding is in the first three weeks of the season. ECU played them pretty tough last year. Tougher than the scoreline suggested, ECU's offense was just terrible. I could see it playing out very similarly, but ultimately I think Harding gets it done in a defensive slugfest.

Monticello by 12
                - SNU will probably be a little bit better this year, and they've always been a team that can jump up and bite someone, but I cannot pick them until I see massive improvement. They will have their QB back this year, and he is a good enough athlete to pull off some wins, but Monticello will be just good enough to escape with a win

Henderson by 8
                - This might be a little wishful thinking, but I genuinely believe that the SWOSU offense will be good enough to score with anybody this year if their key pieces stay healthy. Henderson is definitely the better team on paper, but I expect a tighter game than most will think. Henderson will pull it out in the 4th quarter.

Also, I was worried about the talent at RB, but it looks like SWOSU got several interesting transfers at RB in over the spring/summer, including a RB that started a game for the University of Tennessee, and was a 4 star recruit out of HS. Hopefully the kid can still play lol.

Comment

Ouachita by 17
                  SE by 24
                  SAU by 7
                  ECU by 3
                  UAM by 31
                  HSU by 3

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                    ECU played them pretty tough last year. Tougher than the scoreline suggested, ECU's offense was just terrible. .

It was 21-0 in the first. 28-0 with 4 mins left in the 3rd. Starters didn't play one down in the 4th quarter. We certainly weren't great that night, but the game was never in doubt and HU was in control the entire time. Even on Offense.

Comment

Ouachita Baptist by 24

Southeastern Oklahoma by 21

Southern Arkansas by 10

Harding by 28

Arkansas Monticello by 17

Henderson State by 9

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

It was 21-0 in the first. 28-0 with 4 mins left in the 3rd. Starters didn't play one down in the 4th quarter. We certainly weren't great that night, but the game was never in doubt and HU was in control the entire time. Even on Offense.
                        The game was never doubt, but some context here might help. I remember discussing this game last year quite a bit. My point, if I remember correctly, was that the defense played well enough to give us a chance, but offense and special teams were shut down by Harding.

Hard for me to say we played HU tough last year as a team. Defensively, MAYBE. As a team, naw.

Comment

Ouachita by 17
                          SEOSU by 20
                          SAU by 14
                          HU by 21 (Just have success East Central. Get some stops, score some points. With Interim HC, I'm worried a bad home blowout might make it too hard to right the ship)
                          UAM by 24
                          HSU by 13

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

Comment

First drive was 64 yd td drive. Next TD was one play for 75. Last I really remember from the box score. But yes HU did turn them over several times.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X