Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Far Reaching Are We?

BaldSexy wrote in a topic to Harding fans that he would be coming from New Mexico to visit Searcy to see SEO play at Harding. Wow, that is a long way to travel but that got me to wondering just how far reaching are the supporters on the GAC board? I live in Palm Beach County, Florida and pull for the Harding Bisons. As much as I possibly can I watch football, basketball, baseball and softball on the HU Sports Network but find it hard to actually get to the campus for a game. I also watch Harding Academy Football too (3 years running as state champions!)

Respond by stating the school you support and where you are located. Let us forgo having those from Arkansas and Oklahoma responding since that is the home base for the GAC. So, where else are we located? Should be interesting to see.
    Last edited by Bisonfan from FLA; 09-06-2022, 05:36 PM.

Well I'm from NM and will my son plays for Southeastern. This is his final year of college ball so I will be attending every game this season including all 3 in Arkansas. I'm really excited to see Harding it looks amazing in the pics. Hope we have another game as good as the one last year in Durant.

Comment

Originally posted by Baldsexy View Post
      Well I'm from NM and will my son plays for Southeastern. This is his final year of college ball so I will be attending every game this season including all 3 in Arkansas. I'm really excited to see Harding it looks amazing in the pics. Hope we have another game as good as the one last year in Durant.
      Get here in time to have knight fire bbq in town. This is twice I’ve mentioned them. Prolly think I own it. But just have an affinity for good local bbq. It’s certainly that. Enjoy your trip. Wish you could see stadium when all renovations are complete but we will still have a nice place to watch a game. Just not completely finished yet.

Side note: im a Bison fan, but even more so a fan of Harding Academy previously mentioned. Go cats

Comment

I'm in Colorado Springs about 7.5 hours from NWOSU and 8 hours from SWOSU. Hope to be able to start making some trips next year. I've watched almost every ATU and GAC event with an occasional non-ATU game when possible.

Comment

I’m a Ouachita Tiger fan. I try to catch at least some of the football games and keep up with the other sports. I live in Northeast Indiana. So making a game is next to impossible. I also have three small children 3 years and younger and one with special needs. I’m so thankful for the Ouachita Sports Digital Network so I can watch the Tigers in every sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Divisiontwo View Post

Get here in time to have knight fire bbq in town. This is twice I’ve mentioned them. Prolly think I own it. But just have an affinity for good local bbq. It’s certainly that. Enjoy your trip. Wish you could see stadium when all renovations are complete but we will still have a nice place to watch a game. Just not completely finished yet.

Side note: im a Bison fan, but even more so a fan of Harding Academy previously mentioned. Go cats
            Thank you for the suggestion. My wife has bronchitis so I will be making the trip alone. This means I don't have to wait for her to get off work and I can leave in plenty of time to grab a pre game dinner after I check in at my hotel. I love good bbq so I will be giving that joint a try. Hopefully I don't catch too much flak for wearing the enemy colors because I will be rocking my SE shirt with my sons name and number on the back. So far the fans at every away game have been super friendly and I don't expect anything different from the Harding fans. I'm sure looking forward to this trip other than the 11 hr drive and eating dinner by myself. I think it should be a really good game.

Comment

So I'm born and was raised in Searcy, AR but have been out of state for the last 7 years. Spent ton of time watching supporting the Bisons and currently do so via HardingSports.com from Greenville, NC.Due to work and distance get to maybe 1 game a year but definitely watch every week I can.

Comment

I’m in North Dallas. For my wife and I it’s only a 5 hour drive to Searcy. I’ve recently retired. We can leave on a Saturday morning, watch a Saturday afternoon or evening game, spend the night in Searcy or Little Rock and drive home on Sunday. We have a granddaughter at Harding so we enjoy seeing her. In addition to 2-3 games in Searcy I always go to Arkadelphia to watch the Ouachita or Henderson. Last year I went to Durant (1 hour, 15 minutes north of where I live). Last week we drove to Ada, OK to watch Harding vs ECU. It took me longer than I thought was going to. I didn’t it was borrow 2-lane roads between Durant and Ada.

Comment

Thank you all for posting where you living. I know a majority of our regular members are within the states of Arkansas and Oklahoma and find it interesting to see how far away we are but still "look back" to our alma maters and follow them so closely. If you have not contibuted your location to this message, would you add your information?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X