Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 4 Recap

Henderson State @ Southern Arkansas - This, was not expected. Reddies moved the ball really well throughout the game, but missed some points. Dropped pass for a TD was a big difference in this game. They got a field goal on that drive and those 4 points were the difference, along with a missed PAT (didn’t realize until I checked the box score). The turnover on the punt didn’t help either. What was very apparent, the Reddies cannot defend the pass. Good win for SAU. They threw some head scratching interceptions, and really tried to give it away, but they jumped out early with a lead and fought back when down.

Harding @ Ouachita Baptist - great game to watch for all you ground and pound fans. OBU defense might be the best unit in all of the GAC. Great win for OBU. Harding still has a great defense, but they are clearly lacking with offensive weapons like years past.

Southwestern OK @ Oklahoma Baptist As Bulldog stated, SW wins in OT. That’s two big wins for the Bulldogs. OKB’s drop off from the last two seasons appears painful.

Southern Nazarene @ Southeastern OK
    Wow - Whatever happened to the Savage Storm. Looked like the SE QB had a lot of turnovers, didn’t watch and solely looking at box score. SE put up a ton of yards in the air, but what happened in this one? Crimson Storm with a huge offensive night with 500 total yards.

Northwestern OK @ East Central
    Only 7 more games Ranger Fans, 7 more. Congrats to the ECU Tigers with a dominating win.

Arkansas Tech @ Monticello
    UAM with a big win over in state Tech. I will admit, I was more hopeful for an improved Tech team after their close call with SEOK and beat down of ECU, but with SEOK going downhill and Tech losing like they have, my hope has diminished.

Surprising week for the GAC!
    Last edited by NattyStateFan; 09-24-2022, 09:44 PM.

Love your recaps NattyFan. Keep ‘em up.

Comment

OBU has a great football team. And even when HU is better on paper, OBU typically plays the triple better than any other team we play all year. Unless we play NW that year. Last year was an anomaly for the success HU had against OBU defense.

However, I’m not sure there’s a definitive answer on best defense in the GAC. The game Saturday was basically dead even from both teams. Somebody has to win. They got the job done this time.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X