Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWOSU @ OBU

Been a crazy offensive first half, but being slightly biased, OBU has been absolutely bailed out by multiple massive penalties. They are too good of a football team to beat in general, gonna be impossible to beat by getting multiple big penalties called against you.

Not going to matter in the end, though, SWOSU can not stop OBU on offense. Just frustrating to watch.

Also, I think SWOSU has lost a lot of composure. The two teams in the conference that talked the most trash in my experience were the two baptist schools lol. They need to ignore the mouths and just focus on not getting embarrassed on the field.

SWOSU did not make a stop in the first half. My hope will be to see SWOSU make at least one defensive stop today lol.

42-17 at half. It was 21-17 after the first 3 drives for each team, but then my hope quickly died.

It’s scary how much talent Southwestern has. I watched most of the 2nd quarter. When you build a team with transfers that quickly I think you pay a price in terms of team cohesion. Looks like Southwestern had it going. They just lost the composure they needed to slowly regain their momentum.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
      It’s scary how much talent Southwestern has. I watched most of the 2nd quarter. When you build a team with transfers that quickly I think you pay a price in terms of team cohesion. Looks like Southwestern had it going. They just lost the composure they needed to slowly regain their momentum.
      Yeah, very clear that all the transfers on SWOSU are great when things are going well, but not very good when they aren’t. I’m honestly very surprised at how bad the SWOSU defense has been today. They might give up a conference record yards allowed today.

Comment

I will say, congrats to OBU. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a perfect football game on offense before, but now I have. Only one incompletion on the day, and it was still probably a catch on the sideline lol. Over 700 yards of offense, with 496 of that being rushing. Wish we could have put up more of a fight, but our defense looked Charmin soft today lol.

Comment

The one-two punch by Cole and Givens gives any defense a hard time. I was not that impressed with OBU quarterback during the OBU-Harding game. OBU’s greatest strength this year is their defense.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
            The one-two punch by Cole and Givens gives any defense a hard time. I was not that impressed with OBU quarterback during the OBU-Harding game. OBU’s greatest strength this year is their defense.
            12-13-197 2 TDs and a 72 yard run for another TD. Not too shabby. Was he great against y’all? Not particularly, but let’s be honest, no one is great against y’all. We have him for a few more years, so he, Givens, and Swiboda will have time to really gel into something special.

Comment

Originally posted by MilSF View Post

12-13-197 2 TDs and a 72 yard run for another TD. Not too shabby. Was he great against y’all? Not particularly, but let’s be honest, no one is great against y’all. We have him for a few more years, so he, Givens, and Swiboda will have time to really gel into something special.
              So far he is 49/70 with 11 TD’s and 2 INT. To say he was unimpressive, well he only had 7 attempts, yet completed 5 with 1 TD and 1 INT.
              He has been impressive since the first game.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogLB View Post
                Also, I think SWOSU has lost a lot of composure. The two teams in the conference that talked the most trash in my experience were the two baptist schools lol. They need to ignore the mouths and just focus on not getting embarrassed on the field.
                I'm a recent graduate of OBU, so I felt the need to comment on this one. There were multiple comments made by SWOSU players about Clark Yarbrough, who recently passed away. I won't go into details about what was said because it's sickening to think that anyone would use that situation to talk trash, especially to players who were his best friends.

In my four years of playing, I can say that the SWOSU game was always chippy and high on emotion, and Weatherford was always a hard place to play. Nothing against the program as a whole; I just felt the need to comment here because several of my friends are still playing.

Comment

OBU has been absolutely bailed out by multiple massive penalties.

This claim caught my eye, because I happened to watch this game and didn't see that on the field. So I reviewed the box score and here's what I found: of the nine touchdowns Ouachita scored, only three of the drives had any penalties at all. Of those four, the penalties that did occur were (in order) defensive holding on first and ten, a personal foul on first and ten (both occurred on the same possession), a personal foul on second and ten, and an unsportsmanlike conduct foul on first and fifteen. On no drives did a Southwestern penalty result in a third-down conversion.

Where's the bailout?

Comment

Originally posted by LeeroyJenkins View Post
                    Where's the bailout?
                    While I do think “bailout” is a bit much, SWOSU had a 50yrd pass play in 2nd qtr I believe that was called back. There may have been other instances, but I do remember that one being a momentum killer. I think the score was within 2 TDS at the time?

Comment

Originally posted by TigerTime View Post

I'm a recent graduate of OBU, so I felt the need to comment on this one. There were multiple comments made by SWOSU players about Clark Yarbrough, who recently passed away. I won't go into details about what was said because it's sickening to think that anyone would use that situation to talk trash, especially to players who were his best friends.

In my four years of playing, I can say that the SWOSU game was always chippy and high on emotion, and Weatherford was always a hard place to play. Nothing against the program as a whole; I just felt the need to comment here because several of my friends are still playing.
                      If that’s the case, then shame on SWOSU. I don’t know almost anyone in the program anymore, and with it being a majority transfers now, that sadly doesn’t surprise me too much. You’re right about our games always being chippy though lol. I never said a word when playing, I was too busy trying (and mostly being unsuccessful lol) to stop power being blasted on us all game.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeroyJenkins View Post
                        OBU has been absolutely bailed out by multiple massive penalties.

This claim caught my eye, because I happened to watch this game and didn't see that on the field. So I reviewed the box score and here's what I found: of the nine touchdowns Ouachita scored, only three of the drives had any penalties at all. Of those four, the penalties that did occur were (in order) defensive holding on first and ten, a personal foul on first and ten (both occurred on the same possession), a personal foul on second and ten, and an unsportsmanlike conduct foul on first and fifteen. On no drives did a Southwestern penalty result in a third-down conversion.

Where's the bailout?
                        I was annoyed when I wrote the update lol.
                        Both of the “bailouts” I was talking about happened on the SWOSU side to kill drives. One happened when the score was 21-17, and the other happened on the next drive as well. I need to learn not to post when annoyed lol. It was only a close game for 1 1/2 quarters, but that time was fun for me to watch. After that, not so much lol.

Comment

Fair enough (and highly relatable lol). I will say that Southwestern program has some talented players and a bright future, I think. Kirkland was a good hire for that program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X