Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can winning by 34 be a “bad game”?

At the risk of sounding like I’m criticizing the the room in a 5 star hotel for not being spacious enough, today’s game against UAM felt rather poor.

The offense never felt like they got into rhythm. Drives were sustained primarily by long plays. The defense rarely looked like they weren’t chasing around the field after plays rather than keeping the ball in front of them. Doing this against ECU or HSU doesn’t feel like it would result in nearly the same winning result.

Am I just nitpicking? Has the relatively lopsided scores so far (other then HU) this season skewed my idea of what’s “expected” performance?

I understand where you're coming from for sure. OBU looked super sluggish up until halftime. On the flipside though, you can't realistically expect your offense to score a TD on almost every possession like you have become accustomed to lately ;)

Comment

Originally posted by MilSF View Post
      At the risk of sounding like I’m criticizing the the room in a 5 star hotel for not being spacious enough, today’s game against UAM felt rather poor.

The offense never felt like they got into rhythm. Drives were sustained primarily by long plays. The defense rarely looked like they weren’t chasing around the field after plays rather than keeping the ball in front of them. Doing this against ECU or HSU doesn’t feel like it would result in nearly the same winning result.

Am I just nitpicking? Has the relatively lopsided scores so far (other then HU) this season skewed my idea of what’s “expected” performance?
      If winning by 34 is a bad game, sign me up for many more bad games please.

Comment

I think I know what you’re saying MilSF. There have been some weeks during the 2019 and 2021 seasons for the Bisons when I felt the same. Let’s face it, until GAC teams who make the playoffs start to consistently beating other Super Region 3 teams none of us are going to be happy. That means who ever the GAC representatives are they must continue to improve week to week to compete at the level required to go deep in the playoffs. It’s tough to keep 20-year olds motivated week in week out.
        Last edited by OldBison; 10-18-2022, 05:58 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X