Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to other games in your conference?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to other games in your conference?

Not to view your favorite/selected D2 football team, but do you plan to travel and watch other conference games?

I’m retired and live in Dallas. I try to make 3-4 Harding games a year. If they make the POs, I’ll travel to Arkansas, Missouri or Kansas to watch them play. I’ve been to Maryville and Kansas City to watch NWMSU play in the POs against Ferris State and others. Ever since the NC game has been in McKinney, I’ve gone. It’s only 20 minutes from my house. I’m closer to LSC games but never go.

Comment

Proximity to OBU means I'll occasionally pop over there for a big game if HSU is on the road. I typically watch most GAC games online though. A lot of the live streams in the league are very solid.

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post
        Proximity to OBU means I'll occasionally pop over there for a big game if HSU is on the road. I typically watch most GAC games online though. A lot of the live streams in the league are very solid.
        Great point about streaming games. That should have been added to the original question. I too will pop in to watch parts of a game before or after a Harding game.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post

Great point about streaming games. That should have been added to the original question. I too will pop in to watch parts of a game before or after a Harding game.
          Me too. I usually will drive to Durant, Magnolia/El Dorado or Arkadelphia at least once a year. I’ll drive to Searcy at least twice a year. When I don’t drive to the games I watching the streaming options available through the school’s websites. I rarely use free streaming options for schools outside the GAC and never if I have to pay for a subscription, except for an occasional PO game.

Comment

I watch live-streaming of all the games. I even watch other conference games on my phone when I’m at Cliff Harris. From time to time, I do jump across the ravine to Henderson when we are on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Tiger View Post
              I watch live-streaming of all the games. I even watch other conference games on my phone when I’m at Cliff Harris. From time to time, I do jump across the ravine to Henderson when we are on the road.
              Wish I lived in Arkadelphia. I’d be at a GAC game just about every Saturday.

Comment

I watch pretty much every MIAA game online. The tough part is trying not to hear the score of one while watching the other.

Comment

Do MIAA fans have to pay to watch their conference games? If so, how much is it per season? How’s the quality? In the GAC the schools stream for free using a variety of platforms. I get a kick out of listening to the students do play-by-play and color commentary. Of course, the Ouachita Baptist guy is legendary. A real homer all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                    Do MIAA fans have to pay to watch their conference games? If so, how much is it per season? How’s the quality? In the GAC the schools stream for free using a variety of platforms. I get a kick out of listening to the students do play-by-play and color commentary. Of course, the Ouachita Baptist guy is legendary. A real homer all the way.
                    MIAA has the MIAA network to watch which I believe $125 for the season or at least it was last year. Good quality and what you see on the NCAA broadcast during playoffs.
                    I'm glad that the GAC is free to watch from each school although the quality goes down and dependent on schools producing but at least it allows me to stay in touch as I now live in NC and can't go to any of the games anymore with work/family obligations.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
                      Yeah. You have to pay to watch the MIAA. A year pass costs 140 for all sports and all teams.

Quality varies by school. Some are professional looking,, others like NSU look like they are shot with a cell phone from the 90s through the dirty.windshield of a car going down a dirt road.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X