Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Henderson State sportsmanship

Alright, I know games can be heated and all, and in the end of the day, they are kids, but coke on Henderson.. sau got the 1st down to end the game and there was a player from HSU that wouldn’t stop jawing and probably should’ve gotten flagged.. even after the clock hit 0, and teams were shaking hands, there were what seemed like punches thrown at one of the sau coaches/players that had to be separated by police! Will be interesting to see if there are any repercussions from this!! By the way, that was a hell of a game, and sau stuck in it for the win!! 6-1 baby, with a huge game at neutral el dorado against Harding next week! Can the riders break the losing streak in eldorado next week! It’s a huge task, but either way, great season so far this year!! #gobigblue #rideon

Originally posted by bandguy11 View Post
    Alright, I know games can be heated and all, and in the end of the day, they are kids, but coke on Henderson.. sau got the 1st down to end the game and there was a player from HSU that wouldn’t stop jawing and probably should’ve gotten flagged.. even after the clock hit 0, and teams were shaking hands, there were what seemed like punches thrown at one of the sau coaches/players that had to be separated by police! Will be interesting to see if there are any repercussions from this!! By the way, that was a hell of a game, and sau stuck in it for the win!! 6-1 baby, with a huge game at neutral el dorado against Harding next week! Can the riders break the losing streak in eldorado next week! It’s a huge task, but either way, great season so far this year!! #gobigblue #rideon
    Fake news. Absolutely no punches thrown. Pretty standard postgame jawing by both sides after a tight game between rival teams. Saw multiple SAU players/staffers giving the bird to the HSU team and coaches, so the poor sportsmanship went both ways, of course. But again, fairly standard stuff, I’m not crying about it and neither should you. Toughen up. Congrats on your win.

love,

someone who stood 10 feet from the handshake line

Comment

That was one hell of a game!! Lots of emotions flowing from both teams. Trash talk happens every. Single. Game. from both sides, not only after games, but during as well. Sometimes it carries over to the handshake, most of the time it doesn’t. It’s just part of it. Great win for SAU. Time to enjoy it for a day or so then get ready for Harding next week. Gonna have our hands full…. Geez!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ReddieMade View Post

Fake news. Absolutely no punches thrown. Pretty standard postgame jawing by both sides after a tight game between rival teams. Saw multiple SAU players/staffers giving the bird to the HSU team and coaches, so the poor sportsmanship went both ways, of course. But again, fairly standard stuff, I’m not crying about it and neither should you. Toughen up. Congrats on your win.

love,

someone who stood 10 feet from the handshake line
        Yeah… in my experience SAU has the worst sportsmanship of any team Harding plays. Henderson generally keeps it between the whistles and lines. There may be 1 or 2 instances where that’s not true but every team has a couple rogue dudes.

SAU on the other hand, routinely plays dirty and causes a ruckus. I don’t know what happened here but SAU has a reputation for this, not Henderson.

Comment

Originally posted by LeftSider View Post

Yeah… in my experience SAU has the worst sportsmanship of any team Harding plays. Henderson generally keeps it between the whistles and lines. There may be 1 or 2 instances where that’s not true but every team has a couple rogue dudes.

SAU on the other hand, routinely plays dirty and causes a ruckus. I don’t know what happened here but SAU has a reputation for this, not Henderson.
          Both are pretty notorious in my experiences. Plenty not between the lines and whistles in the battle of the ravine for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by OBUGrad View Post

Both are pretty notorious in my experiences. Plenty not between the lines and whistles in the battle of the ravine for sure.
            Battle of the Ravine is always chippy on both sides in the postgame on the field regardless of who wins or where it’s held. Rinse, wash, repeat. It’s just part of it. Surely you don’t mean to insinuate that Ouachita is always innocent in BOTR postgame jawing. I know you’re not saying than that — but if you are, I would chuckle and advise you to take those purple glasses off and try to have even a smidge of objectivity.

I honestly can’t believe this thread even got started. I’ve been involved in the GAC for over a decade and I’ve never seen anything unsportsmanlike enough that I would come on a message board and anonymously complain. This is football. Literally 12 out of 12 teams in the league have at least a few guys jawing after the game every week. That is a fact. I promise you whatever team you cheer for is just as complicit as anyone else. If you’re sitting on some moral high ground because you think your program is more “moral” or “sportsmanlike” somehow, you’re almost certainly wrong.

But guess what? It’s fine, because this is football, so who cares? Everyone please toughen up.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't use Battle of the Ravine as a metric for how Ouachita or Henderson State act around the other ten teams lol

Comment

The trash talk starts long before the opening kickoff. Social media has allowed these players to take trash talk to a whole new level. I can tell you that I was in the stands against Henderson and personally witnessed Hendersons left corner jaw the SAU head coach non stop. I personally found it hilarious and in no way got butt hurt or thought that the kid was demonstrating some sort of unsportsmanlike conduct. My only thing is, if your gonna run your mouth, then you better be able to back it up!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X