Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAC Schedules

Of course GAC Football Schedule for 2024 is the same as 2023 except home-away locations are flipped. Interesting that Harding has three Thursday games. I never seen that before. Does anyone know why? Are there any other interesting wrinkles to other GAC team schedules?

We all play each other again this year...YAWN

Comment

I know. I guess we’ll have to wait until the POs to out- of-conference teams as usual. Other than the PSAC is the GAC conference left with silo scheduling?

Comment

The PSAC plays OOC. The GAC is the only silo conference.

Comment

Originally posted by OldBison View Post
          I know. I guess we’ll have to wait until the POs to out- of-conference teams as usual. Other than the PSAC is the GAC conference left with silo scheduling?
          The only other conferences which had "silo scheduling" were the MIAA and NSIC. Now, it's just the GAC.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

The only other conferences which had "silo scheduling" were the MIAA and NSIC. Now, it's just the GAC.
            Yes and it has gotten really boring. I understand it cuts down on travel costs, but here are a few teams they could schedule that wouldn't add much cost (If both sides could agree).

MIAA-Northeastern St., Central Oklahoma, Missouri Southern, Pittsbug State
            Gulf South-Delta State, Mississippi College, West Alabama
            SIAC-Lane

Comment

West Texas A&M, Midwestern State and Eastern New Mexico State would be possibilities for the Oklahoma schools. Shorter trips than some Arkansas trips. Even UTPB wouldn't be much farther, if at all for a few of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulerider View Post

Yes and it has gotten really boring. I understand it cuts down on travel costs, but here are a few teams they could schedule that wouldn't add much cost (If both sides could agree).

MIAA-Northeastern St., Central Oklahoma, Missouri Southern, Pittsbug State
                Gulf South-Delta State, Mississippi College, West Alabama
                SIAC-Lane
                The way things are going in the GSC, you might end up seeing Delta, Mississippi College and West Alabama looking for a new league if (or when) Valdosta and/or West Florida decide to make the move to D1.

Of the remaining schools you suggested, Northeastern State seems to be the most likely to end up in the GAC, especially given how they've struggled mightily in the MIAA and are on the verge of being an independent program for a couple of years.

It would probably be a long shot for Lane, an HBCU, to leave their existing HBCU-centered league. UCO, MoSo and Pitt State are mainstays in the MIAA and I don't see them taking a "step down" into the GAC - unless the powers that be in Oklahoma "force" UCO to keep them in the same league as Northeastern State.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Pick up NE Oklahoma for the western side of the league and add Delta State to the Eastern side. Now we have a balanced even schedule of 12 teams to play. Then there could be a rotation of two teams each year not played in conference but play non-conference games. Similar to what the SEC does in rotating conference games. Also could add Mississippi College/West Alabama to then have a unique layout from Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Comment

Our schedules should be have 2 OOC games but it’s not what you think. The worse you do the previous year, the further you HAVE to play away. Of a team goes 0-11 they have to play a minimum distance away from home of 900 miles. 5-6: 600 miles, 11-0: all home games. The better you are, the closer you can play but that’s not to say that a team can’t decided to play further. I think this will force AD’s to either invest in football or get rid of it because of the financial strain.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X