• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dvaara
    replied
    Re: Northwest @ Grand Valley

Originally posted by IowaBearcat View Post
    Smokes is a pretty strong word for that game. Hays blew it as much as Indy took it.
    missing my point...Indy was mid tier gliac team who managed to beat miaa champ by two scores...also a team gv destroyed this year...then when it matters gv can't beat nw or even make it close? I don't want to hear about injuries or any other Bs...this team was once again I'll prepared for their biggest game of the year

Leave a comment:

• bankslaker
    replied

Alright. It's been a while since I've posted on here so here it comes:

Is it just me or is it getting painful to watch these games? I don't like throwing people under the bus, but c'mon. Mitchell has not performed very well in the past few years. Losing to Ferris year in and year out. There were the couple games he nipped them, but for instance, there was no reason they should have lost that game. Supposedly he is a defensive minded coach, but the defense gave up 448 yards (356 on the ground!). Come on, I don't care what level you are, you're not winning games when you give up that much. In addition to that, GV could not move the ball for anything. Had a few chunk plays, but there was no chance to establish the run game.

I get it though. Guys are coming in, graduating on time, and doing well academically, but the job of the head coach is to win games (and more specifically championships). That's not happening.

Baffles me that GV has some of the best facilities in the nation for D2. Getting the renovated and new addition of the football center. Yet GV is losing out on some recruits to Ferris that are right in their backyard.

Personally, I think it's time to find some new leadership for the program. Mitchell has been here for nearly a decade. I get it, he's been to the national semis. But as of late, it doesn't look like a coaching staff that has a plan.

For real though, please let me know what your view point is on the whole coaching staff situation for the GVSU football program. I'm interested to see what others think about it.

At this point I'm rambling, so I think I'll end it there.
    (Also, GV's men and women XC teams won the regional titles for the 17th and 18th straight year, so not all is bad for GV today. On top of that, GV basketball teams are looking good for this year as well.)

As always,
    Go Lakers!

Leave a comment:

• NWFanatic
    replied

Leave a comment:

• IH8SVSU
    replied

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
    Indy smokes miaa champ Hayes who beat nw and we get smoked by nw...after ten years I think a change would do us good
    Been saying that for years now. Mitchell has to go. Otherwise it will be the same junk every year.

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied

Indy smokes miaa champ Hayes who beat nw and we get smoked by nw...after ten years I think a change would do us good
    Smokes is a pretty strong word for that game. Hays blew it as much as Indy took it.

Leave a comment:

• Bearcat97
    replied

I didn't expect to run the ball like we did the 2nd half. Congrats to GV on a solid season. I really enjoy watching this match-up, regardless of the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied

350 yards rushing - 350 YARDS RUSHING

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied

Gotta call plays to negate it. Wright has had the same challenges all year. Nothing new.

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post
    And we smoked UIndy...
    but once again played terribly when it counted...5 gliac/ former gliac schools in the playoffs...we r the only ones who lost... unacceptable

Leave a comment:

• IowaBearcat
    replied

Originally posted by The Looter View Post
    As per usual...Ferris is the last GLIAC team standing.
    Somehow. Not much to puff out your chest about that terrible display of offense today.

Leave a comment:

• GVLakerFan24
    replied

Any time we loaded the box, NW was able to burst through and run for huge gains. We lost so many guys on D this year and the inexperience showed. First half of the season, we were extremely stout against the run. Been a different story since the Ferris game

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied

And we smoked UIndy...

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied

We didn't have much good today

Leave a comment:

• dvaara
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BillyGV
    replied

Truly shocking - not good play at all - good luck next week - safe trip home

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X