Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saginaw Valley at Lindenwood

Any Saginaw fans like to chime in? What can we expect when the Cardinals visit St. Chuck?
    Cool Story Bro

Many on their new staff are from Ferris so they run a system very similar, especially on offense and special teams. Their QB Conklin (7), RB McCrary (28) and WRs Williams (6) and Gailliard (17) are all near or at the top of their position in the GLIAC. I would personally say that with their new scheme they are very good running the ball and good passing (but maybe not as quite as potent as last year in the passing game). I would also say they have a good case for the second best offense in the GLIAC behind FSU. In my opinion defense they have been a little hot and cold but are for sure a solid bunch. DT Williams (95) is one of the best if not the best in the conf and has a shot at being an All-American. If I would compare them to Davenport I would say they are way better on offense, better on ST and close to similar on defense with maybe a slight edge to DU. Any true Saggy fans are welcome to correct me on any of this but that is what I have seen from the outside at least.

For any Saggy fans out there I would highly suggest a trip to catch this one in person. Lindenwood has a beautiful campus with a even better stadium. I also enjoyed the St Charles area and it is a short trip to/from St Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post
      Many on their new staff are from Ferris so they run a system very similar, especially on offense and special teams. Their QB Conklin (7), RB McCrary (28) and WRs Williams (6) and Gailliard (17) are all near or at the top of their position in the GLIAC. I would personally say that with their new scheme they are very good running the ball and good passing (but maybe not as quite as potent as last year in the passing game). I would also say they have a good case for the second best offense in the GLIAC behind FSU. In my opinion defense they have been a little hot and cold but are for sure a solid bunch. DT Williams (95) is one of the best if not the best in the conf and has a shot at being an All-American. If I would compare them to Davenport I would say they are way better on offense, better on ST and close to similar on defense with maybe a slight edge to DU. Any true Saggy fans are welcome to correct me on any of this but that is what I have seen from the outside at least.

For any Saggy fans out there I would highly suggest a trip to catch this one in person. Lindenwood has a beautiful campus with a even better stadium. I also enjoyed the St Charles area and it is a short trip to/from St Louis.
      Pretty spot on with your assessment. Although I will say their QB is mistake prone throwing 3 picks. A few of them were head scratchers.

Running game was absolutely dominant in second half. Its why they came back and took the lead. Bled the clock, ate up TOP and kept Brister off the field.

Lindenwoods offense is incredible though, despite the fact they don't try to run the ball that much. Brister has 2 all conference caliber WR, a All American TE, a game breaker RB, and a slew of other skill players that will shine when their time comes. Offensive line did pretty well protecting him today. Crazy that 55 seconds was too much time to leave on the clock, but that's exactly what I said when Saggy took the lead.

Very tough team and great turnout from fans for such a long trip!
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X