Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BillyGV View Post

ya, the doggies seem to choke it up this time of year - but at least they made it - we didn't but you are right, they are a classless bunch - go argos
    This from a team that lost at home to Wayne State the last game of the year which would have guaranteed a playoff spot along with a hail mary pass in the last seconds to Ashland....lol. That being said, we drop the ball this year (literally).

Great job by WF for taking advantage of their opportunities. Good luck in the NC.

Time for some new pups to step up and keep the momentum going.

Go DAWGS!!

Comment

A few things:

1. The first half of the 4th quarter is the worst stretch of football I've ever seen. 3 turnovers, 2 of them completely unforced, led directly to 18 points while we were up 14-10. That's preventable, inexcusable, and cost us our season.
      2. This was a terrible way to end it, but these seniors had one heII of a playing career: 50-7, two conference titles, three regional titles, and a national championship appearance.
      3. I'd wish the Argos good luck, but they don't need more than they already have. They'll need every last ounce of it against MSU.
      4. I don't want to even think about football for a while after watching that game, so I'll see y'all after the holidays. Merry christmas and a happy new year!

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
        A few things:

1. The first half of the 4th quarter is the worst stretch of football I've ever seen. 3 turnovers, 2 of them completely unforced, led directly to 18 points while we were up 14-10. That's preventable, inexcusable, and cost us our season.
        2. This was a terrible way to end it, but these seniors had one heII of a playing career: 50-7, two conference titles, three regional titles, and a national championship appearance.
        3. I'd wish the Argos good luck, but they don't need more than they already have. They'll need every last ounce of it against MSU.
        4. I don't want to even think about football for a while after watching that game, so I'll see y'all after the holidays. Merry christmas and a happy new year!
        Well said. Happy holidays to you Mk.

Comment

"....It's Christmas, Theo. It's the time of miracles."

Comment

Originally posted by Kit-Carson View Post
            "....It's Christmas, Theo. It's the time of miracles."

"You asked for miracles Theo, I give you the F.B.I...."

Comment

Disappointing outcome obviously. Worst I've seen Ferris play in a few years. Kudos to West Florida...thought they were coached well and took advantage of the multiple mistakes from Ferris. Good luck to them next week.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

This from a team that lost at home to Wayne State the last game of the year which would have guaranteed a playoff spot along with a hail mary pass in the last seconds to Ashland....lol. That being said, we drop the ball this year (literally).
                No argument, Dawg. It's been several years since we have been in any real position to talk junk...not sure why some of our guys bother with posts like that. MB's are MB's, so I suppose that is part of the deal.

Look, putting the ball on the deck is a part of how Ferris plays...35 total fumbles HEADING INTO yesterday's game (40 total after). That's 2.92 times per game...only team in the GLIAC that was even near that was Davenport at 2 per contest. Granted, you didn't lose them all. But, at a clip of nearly three fumbles per game, ball security was absolutely a blind spot for you guys. Tacking on five more drops yesterday can't be THAT big of a surprise. Not a knock...is what it is. It came to a head in this one and it proved insanely costly. There's little doubt you had the better club yesterday, but a trend that had been there all year finally came to a head. It definitely happens, and is more likely to happen in the PO's...the better teams seem to find ways to take advantage of mistakes, and anyone playing this late in the deal isn't there by accident.

Frankly, yesterday just frustrated me as GV fan all the more. If we had ANY kind of O this year we would have been in better shape to handle some of our closer games (including putting games like Ashland, Tech, and SV away), and we would have had more than a puncher's chance against you guys. Looking at how the field has performed in the PO's, we would have had a legit opportunity at a deep run. Agree with you that the real choking this year was in Allendale. To call it frustrating would be an understatement.

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post

Why do you always say teams have no class. When we beat you, you were the only one saying how we were classless. .

Excuse me? I have NEVER said the Argos had no class. You must be mixing me up with someone else. I have ALL the respect
                  for the Argos and the University. Please show my quote where I EVER said that.!? Please.

But wearing around a WWF "Championship Belt" imitation , esp at a semi game, Its just classless .... I don't care who you are.
                  <>

Comment

Uh, no it's not. I think you might be the only one offended by that, which is weird since your team wasn't involved in the game.

* 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                    * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                    * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                    * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by West Florida View Post
                      Uh, no it's not. I think you might be the only one offended by that, which is weird since your team wasn't involved in the game.
                      Offended by you, calling me .. your team classes.? Well Hell ya I'm offended!
                      <>

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

No argument, Dawg. It's been several years since we have been in any real position to talk junk...not sure why some of our guys bother with posts like that. MB's are MB's, so I suppose that is part of the deal.

Look, putting the ball on the deck is a part of how Ferris plays...35 total fumbles HEADING INTO yesterday's game (40 total after). That's 2.92 times per game...only team in the GLIAC that was even near that was Davenport at 2 per contest. Granted, you didn't lose them all. But, at a clip of nearly three fumbles per game, ball security was absolutely a blind spot for you guys. Tacking on five more drops yesterday can't be THAT big of a surprise. Not a knock...is what it is. It came to a head in this one and it proved insanely costly. There's little doubt you had the better club yesterday, but a trend that had been there all year finally came to a head. It definitely happens, and is more likely to happen in the PO's...the better teams seem to find ways to take advantage of mistakes, and anyone playing this late in the deal isn't there by accident.

Frankly, yesterday just frustrated me as GV fan all the more. If we had ANY kind of O this year we would have been in better shape to handle some of our closer games (including putting games like Ashland, Tech, and SV away), and we would have had more than a puncher's chance against you guys. Looking at how the field has performed in the PO's, we would have had a legit opportunity at a deep run. Agree with you that the real choking this year was in Allendale. To call it frustrating would be an understatement.
                        Yeah we knew this day was coming, although I'd have to say even I was surprised by 4 fumbles in the 4th. The one on the 1yd line in the 3rd really hurt as we probably would have put up a TD and have a 21-10 lead starting the 4th. WF did a good job of capitalizing on our mistakes, but it left me with a feeling that we lost the game but beat ourselves.

But hey, ball security is as much a part of the game as passing, catching, tackling and blocking. Takes a complete effort when you're this far in and there's no do overs. Next year everyone starts undefeated. New players, new coaches, new schemes. With the way a lot of our underclassmen stepped up with the injuries we had all year, excited to see what we can do in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

But wearing around a WWF "Championship Belt" imitation , esp at a semi game, Its just classless .... I don't care who you are.
                          I take it somebody stole your WWF Championship Belt when you're were little. Tell me, how did that make you feel?

how does that make you feel will ferrell GIF by Saturday Night Live

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post

I take it somebody stole your WWF Championship Belt when you're were little. Tell me, how did that make you feel?

how does that make you feel will ferrell GIF by Saturday Night Live
                            Yeah, no kidding. Wide_Right has a problem with everything. He also puts periods in front of question marks. It's very confusing.

"Offended by you, calling me .. your team classes.? Well Hell ya I'm offended!"

What does that mean?

Dude, maybe just come back to the message board next year and try again. We are just trying to enjoy our team's success and you are just mad about everything. We don't know you. It's not personal that Ferris State had a cool belt to motivate their team's defense (an awesome defense I might add). It's not personal our team likes our road uniforms. You have to find different things to focus your negativity on.
                            * 2022 BACK 2 BACK GSC CHAMPIONS and D2 FINAL 4
                            * 2021 GSC CHAMPIONS
                            * 2019 D2 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
                            * 2017 D2 NATIONAL RUNNER-UP

Comment

Originally posted by MeanGreen View Post
                              When Ferris players were blowing kisses good bye last week aganst NW and totally no class, tonight made my heart happy. No national champ for you AGAIN Ferris! Lol!!
                              As a Ferris Fan, and a dad of a former player that never did that, I agree with you. These kids are in college now. Start acting like it. Very poor sportsmanship. I sure hope they clean it up moving forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post

But they have the "Bull-Dog Belt" , which players wore, when they scored or made a big play. Zero class.
                                A lot of us from Big Rapids don't like that either. Too bad it was on National T.V.
                                Most of the time, it's far enough away from the sidelines that only the fans see it. I hope they find a better way to celebrate. Like win a N.C. instead of playing with a toy belt. Sounds like the coaches need to lay better ground rules for the little boys.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X