NSIC 14
    PSAC 16
    RMAC 10
    SAC 10
    SAC 11
    SIAC 11

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post
      So this leaves the GLIAC with 8 football members right? So we'd need three OOC games to qualify for the postseason?
      Techicnally, GLIAC schools would only need two OOC games for a minimum of nine games; realistically, they'd need at least three OOC games (10 total) for playoff consideration.

I wouldn't be shocked if the GLIAC at least explores the possibility of a partial scheduling alliance with the GLVC to fill two of those OOC dates (ie. GLIAC at GLVC; GLVC at GLIAC). By my count, both the GLVC and GLIAC will have eight football programs (presuming UIndy doesn't bolt for the GMAC), so that probably helps both teams fill out their schedules.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
        Eight teams is very common.

To the best of my knowledge, this is how it will look in 2021:

CIAA 12
        GAC 12
        GLIAC 8
        GLVC 8
        GMAC 9
        GNAC 4
        GSC 8
        IND 1
        LSC 8
        MIAA 12
        MEC 11
        NE10 9
        NSIC 14
        PSAC 16
        RMAC 10
        SAC 10
        SAC 11
        SIAC 11
        I wouldn't be shocked if the next domino to fall is Notre Dame (Ohio) from the MEC to the GMAC, if for no other reason than it balanced both football leagues out at 10 teams each. If I'm NDC, would I want to stay in the MEC where my nearest rival is two and a half hours to the south (Wheeling or West Liberty) or would I want to have eight potential conference rivals (Ashland, Cedarville, Findlay, Lake Erie, Malone, Ohio Dominican, Tiffin, Ursuline and Walsh) - including six fellow football schools - within that same two and a half hour travel footprint? Granted, for football, Alderson Broaddus, Hillsdale and Kentucky Wesleyan would be much longer trips, but I'd argue that NDC would see significant travel expense reductions - especially when four GMAC schools are less than a two hour bus trip away, hence no need for as many hotels - at least in theory.

Also, is the SAC at 10 or 11 (the SAC is listed twice)?

Also, by 2021, Allen University, located in Columbia, S.C., will be transitioning from NAIA to D2, giving the SIAC 12 schools. I believe Allen would be in their second season of transition to the NCAA by 2021.
        Last edited by ctrabs74; 05-21-2020, 08:41 PM. Reason: Updated to add Allen's provisional D2 status

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Techicnally, GLIAC schools would only need two OOC games for a minimum of nine games; realistically, they'd need at least three OOC games (10 total) for playoff consideration.

I wouldn't be shocked if the GLIAC at least explores the possibility of a partial scheduling alliance with the GLVC to fill two of those OOC dates (ie. GLIAC at GLVC; GLVC at GLIAC). By my count, both the GLVC and GLIAC will have eight football programs (presuming UIndy doesn't bolt for the GMAC), so that probably helps both teams fill out their schedules.
          Problem with that is Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan. The schools in Ohio don't want to drive a team all the way up there. Can't blame them.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post

Problem with that is Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan. The schools in Ohio don't want to drive a team all the way up there. Can't blame them.
            I wouldn't recommend it but the GLIAC may need to look at the NE10 for their FB schedule. Most of these New England schools are being forced to schedule one other conference team twice in a season in order to reach 10 games. If NEW HAVEN moves to D1 it will become almost a necessity in order to qualify for post season play. ST ANSELM managed to get three OOC games for 2020 but that would be basically impossible for the entire league to do. Like the NE10, the GLIAC is in a border region which severely limits opportunities to lure teams to join or even visit their schools. Especially tough since Wisconsin has zero D2 FB programs. A structured OOC FB agreement among the GLIAC, GLVC and GMAC seems most likely to resolve this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I wouldn't be shocked if the next domino to fall is Notre Dame (Ohio) from the MEC to the GMAC, if for no other reason than it balanced both football leagues out at 10 teams each. If I'm NDC, would I want to stay in the MEC where my nearest rival is two and a half hours to the south (Wheeling or West Liberty) or would I want to have eight potential conference rivals (Ashland, Cedarville, Findlay, Lake Erie, Malone, Ohio Dominican, Tiffin, Ursuline and Walsh) - including six fellow football schools - within that same two and a half hour travel footprint? Granted, for football, Alderson Broaddus, Hillsdale and Kentucky Wesleyan would be much longer trips, but I'd argue that NDC would see significant travel expense reductions - especially when four GMAC schools are less than a two hour bus trip away, hence no need for as many hotels - at least in theory.

Also, is the SAC at 10 or 11 (the SAC is listed twice)?

Also, by 2021, Allen University, located in Columbia, S.C., will be transitioning from NAIA to D2, giving the SIAC 12 schools. I believe Allen would be in their second season of transition to the NCAA by 2021.
              Also, Erskine College of South Carolina is bringing back football this year after a 69 year hiatus. They'll play as a D2 Independent this season.

Last edited by crixus; 05-25-2020, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BulldogFanatic View Post

Yeah, the two UP schools are going to be a problem regardless of whether there's a partnership with either the GMAC or GLVC.

Comment

Originally posted by D2Ohio View Post
                  Northwood is the only private, in the middle of the geo footprint. None of the 8 should be going anywhere, right?
                  I could probably be incorrect here and the GLIAC could be down to 7 football schools by 2022

Comment

I could probably be incorrect here and the GLIAC could be down to 7 football schools by 2022
                    Geez-o-Pete's, Man. Way to be noncommittal..."I could probably be incorrect". What the hell does that even mean?

Dude, if you know something then out with it. What is it you're hearing?

Comment

Personally tired of people posting ridiculous speculation but, whatever.
                      Last edited by UFOILERFAN; 11-02-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Which school do you think gets poached?

Comment

More schools avoiding GVSU and Ferris?

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlaker View Post

Geez-o-Pete's, Man. Way to be noncommittal..."I could probably be incorrect". What the hell does that even mean?

Dude, if you know something then out with it. What is it you're hearing?
                            EVERY poll should be required, by law, to begin with that phrase!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                              I agree. But it's all part of the social media age. I've seen award winning sportswriters post things that aren't true time and time again. Some people are in such a hurry to beat everyone else with a scoop that they don't even take time to get verification first.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                                It's been my experience that well over 50% of postings pretty much fall into the ridiculous speculation realm, so probably best to just hit the pass button.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X