Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

maybe, but most recent polls suggest that only 45% would take the vaccine. And subtract out younger kids (I suspect they MAY be last in line) I bet a vast majority of the population that wants it will be able to get the vaccine within 3 months of approval.
    Do we trust polls though? Other vaccines are mandatory, what will they do with this one? Either way, to have 100+ million doses ready by early spring would be impressive and a bit unnerving. Especially when you look at who has received contracts for it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Do we trust polls though? Other vaccines are mandatory, what will they do with this one? Either way, to have 100+ million doses ready by early spring would be impressive and a bit unnerving. Especially when you look at who has received contracts for it so far.
      You sure about that? As for the polls, who knows. But historically, it's likely less than 75% And from what I recall, the trend of getting the shot has been going down as the days go by. And FWIW, IMO, it won't matter much in the end.

Comment

You sure about that? As for the polls, who knows. But historically, it's likely less than 75% And from what I recall, the trend of getting the shot has been going down as the days go by. And FWIW, IMO, it won't matter much in the end.
        I mean, yeah there are antivaxxers out there trying to bring polio back but for the most part we have pretty strict guidelines on children getting vaccinated. It only matters in that I don't believe any sense of normalcy will be restored until a vaccine is widely available.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/03/n...ptions-ny.html

Vaccination requirements to do any number of things could very easily be put in place, I won't be surprised if it happens to be honest.

Comment

Word on the street is that due to the cancellation of the D2 Championships the coaches and schools Presidents will cancel the season with no spring season. Press release Monday or Tuesday :(

Comment

Originally posted by RetiredAU View Post
            Word on the street is that due to the cancellation of the D2 Championships the coaches and schools Presidents will cancel the season with no spring season. Press release Monday or Tuesday :(
            Why would they do that when they can play five games in the spring without eligibility consequences?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Why would they do that when they can play five games in the spring without eligibility consequences?
              Cynical guy here... Money. I'm not a big spring game guy anyway, but selfishly I admit I'd love watching the contests.

Comment

Comment

The biggest concern I would see is going to be any significant injury would now cause a player to miss a significant part, if not all, of the 2021 fall season. Likely worth the risk, until someone's QB tears an ACL.

Comment

The biggest concern I would see is going to be any significant injury would now cause a player to miss a significant part, if not all, of the 2021 fall season. Likely worth the risk, until someone's QB tears an ACL.
                    I find it hard to think someone would want to play for less that a Natty...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

I agree, except most know that pro ball is not happening and so getting into the work force to stop being a poor college kid is a pretty big deal. It'll certainly be an interesting few months to see what happens. Feel bad for those whom are heavily impacted.

Comment

I agree, except most know that pro ball is not happening and so getting into the work force to stop being a poor college kid is a pretty big deal. It'll certainly be an interesting few months to see what happens. Feel bad for those whom are heavily impacted.
                        The Natty is the NCAA National Championships not the NFL...it is what most successful programs aim for every year...

Comment

Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

That was my thought process as well but it's also a product of our perspectives. I pay the most attention to the top programs and you are associated with a program that has the national championship as a goal every year.

Comment

That was my thought process as well but it's also a product of our perspectives. I pay the most attention to the top programs and you are associated with a program that has the national championship as a goal every year.
                            Well you are as well...if ya cant carry around some goal posts then what the hell? Stay healthy friend...

Comment

There's no Natty this fall. Are the MIAA and GLIAC still going to play this fall?

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                                There's no Natty this fall. Are the MIAA and GLIAC still going to play this fall?
                                As of right now they haven't said that they canceling yet, but without a national championship to play for in any sport, and with the MAC and Big Ten not playing, its kinda hard seeing them still having a season with the way the numbers are right now. Short of giving Ashland the boot now, for football anyways, we wouldn't have to send teams out of state. traveling out of state is considered to be some of a risk, right now where I work at they're not letting in clients who have traveled out of state in the past 2 weeks.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X