Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Annese

What are your thoughts. Will Tony Annese be moving on from Ferris?

He should but not sure he will. He's earned the right to try it at the D1 level but he also seems kind of comfortable staying in Michigan. Can't see him taking a coordinators roll with a staff. But he did mention that right after the game he was headed to FL to go golf with Bernhardt and his brothers. Would have thought he would jump straight into the recruiting trail seeing they're so far behind so stay tuned.....

Comment

Why would he, and where is he going to go? No D1 school is going to go after him.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Why is that? Besides the fact he's not part of someone famous coaching tree, see plenty of guys who have been hired with far less credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
          Why is that? Besides the fact he's not part of someone famous coaching tree, see plenty of guys who have been hired with far less credentials.
          He can win 10 titles in a row and no D1 school is going to go after him.

Comment

Funny, Central Mich went after him. And he's had discussions with multiple FCS schools over the years. If someone wants to win, they'll go after him. But you know more about TAs life than TA so who is he to argue.

Enjoy your offseason.

Comment

Originally posted by DawgUp View Post
              Funny, Central Mich went after him. And he's had discussions with multiple FCS schools over the years. If someone wants to win, they'll go after him. But you know more about TAs life than TA so who is he to argue.

Enjoy your offseason.
              Okay. I'm not sure why you seem to be upset that he's almost certainly never going to leave Ferris without retiring.

Annese also said himself that Central Michigan never contacted him about their job in 2015 on MLive. There's nothing about him being contacted in 2019, either. There's no reports of him having discussions with any FCS schools that I can see, either.

If he wanted to leave Ferris, he could have left any time in the last seven years. He's on yearly contracts. Could leave whenever he wanted. There's a reason he's still at Ferris, and I'm not sure why that's not good news to you.

Comment

Maybe he wants a second national championship to increase his market value. Brian Kelly left after his second NC. I would think a MAC school would be a logical step up for him as a HC (as it was for Kelly). The guy has shown he can coach. I'm not sure what baggage from the past he is carrying that would preclude him getting an offer from from a D1 school that wants to win.

Comment

Originally posted by tip79 View Post
                  Maybe he wants a second national championship to increase his market value. Brian Kelly left after his second NC. I would think a MAC school would be a logical step up for him as a HC (as it was for Kelly). The guy has shown he can coach. I'm not sure what baggage from the past he is carrying that would preclude him getting an offer from from a D1 school that wants to win.
                  It gets discussed ad nauseum on here every year.

Comment

IDK how long he'll stay after this but I'd bet money he finishes his career at Ferris. We already have 10 commits including maybe the best QB we've ever gotten out of high school, so recruiting is fine for now IMO. We still have the annual trip to Florida coming up to plug any gaps anyways.

Comment

Haters gonna hate. Tony will do whatever the hell he wants.

Comment

Far be it from me to force the great TA out. I hope he finishes his career a Bulldog. Build a new stadium and name it after him with a statue. My point is, if he wants to leave..he can. Now does he want to leave? That's a different discussion. Lol, so since there are no reports that he's had discussions with other programs, means he hasn't? There were no reports that Goff was going to McNeese St., until he was.

Comment

He has been on at least a few applicant lists that I can remember.

Comment

You have to ask why would Annese leave? Been a public school teacher/coach for years and the MEA has a sweet deal for retirement and health care. Also where is he going to go that he gets a clear advantage in recruiting and being able to get in just about anyone to the school due to the associates degree programs, TIP and out of state deals. At age 60 does he want to pull up roots and move to an FCS job or be an assistant at a lower level D1 job? I think he likes his 150-175K is gig plus the side hustle camp deals...also I think there is still some degree of issue of the whole death penalty deal at GRCC football program...I dont know if thats enough to keep him off lists but it might...its been enough years where thats not a big deal anymore. Also as the grad rates are becoming more or an issue in D1 he can still turnover a roster and not have to worry about it...thats something to think about. Love him or hate he got a Natty this year and thats pretty damn good...so if he wants to go...THIS is the year to do it....also..be a good time to move and take all his family with him...he has plenty on the payroll and if he goes...they probably go as well. Ferris had a damn good team and year...time to move ahead and see if GVSU can get once more before they move up...
                            Last edited by MrsThortonMelon; 12-21-2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

Last that I heard, Western Illinois had a HC opening. Not really a plumb gig to get, but kinda wondering if there's more moves out there across the board that could have another school taking a MAC coach and one of them could come calling to Big Rapids.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X