Ferris State at Lenoir-Rhyne
      Wisconsin Oshkosh at Northern Michigan
      Bowie State at Saginaw Valley
      Michigan Tech at St. Thomas (Minn)
      Shaw at Wayne State
      Grand Valley at Colorado St-Pueblo

Comment

Per the column:

Ferris - L-R will be pumped up, but they'll get run over.
        Oshkosh - Until proven otherwise, it's hard to trust Northern. They got handled by Oshkosh last year, and their QB gave the 'Cats fits.
        Saggy - Total gut play here. I think Bowie is probably better, but I just can't leave this one alone.
        Tech - Really think we may see more Fortress at QB...seems to be more dynamic throwing it. Tommies can be had via the air.
        Wayne - COME ON, Warriors...the league needs this one!
        GV - I could totally be wrong, but I'm suspicious of what we saw from Pueblo last week. After what their O looked like all of last year, some how they miraculously transformed into a juggernaut during the offseason? Will tip my cap if it's true, but for now I'm looking at the small sample size with a healthy dose of skepticism.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Nicolette View Post
          Per the column:

GV - I could totally be wrong, but I'm suspicious of what we saw from Pueblo last week. After what their O looked like all of last year, some how they miraculously transformed into a juggernaut during the offseason? Will tip my cap if it's true, but for now I'm looking at the small sample size with a healthy dose of skepticism.
          I don't disagree minus the fact that they were very young at some key offensive positions last year, including QB. Biggest difference could actually be in the S&C coach that they have now compared to who they hired to replace who had run the program since 2008. The OL was soft last year, they didn't finish blocks or play through the whistle. They appeared to be much more physical against Midwestern. This doesn't mean they pull off the upset against a very good GV team but does start to account for the drastic turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I don't disagree minus the fact that they were very young at some key offensive positions last year, including QB. Biggest difference could actually be in the S&C coach that they have now compared to who they hired to replace who had run the program since 2008. The OL was soft last year, they didn't finish blocks or play through the whistle. They appeared to be much more physical against Midwestern. This doesn't mean they pull off the upset against a very good GV team but does start to account for the drastic turnaround.

They got manhandled up front. Fire the S&C coach

Comment

Originally posted by GV Retired Bum View Post

They got manhandled up front. Fire the S&C coach
              Agreed, fire everyone. Same for GV getting manhandled by Ferris year in and year out.

Comment

Did everyone not realize St. Thomas is an FCS team? I realize they're in the non-scholarship FCS conference, but they're all still pretty good compared to the average D-II team.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X