Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne State Update

So....Over the past decade, Wayne State has failed to capitalize on any momentum. This season it may FINALLY all come to a crescendo.

The leadership of Wayne State football and the athletic department has failed this program. Alumni and boosters have been clamoring for a change for years and no change in leadership has occurred. I think this year it finally happens. If the leadership survives after ANOTHER 2-win season (1-win this year is in play), it'd be a damn shame and a slap in the face of the Warriors/Tartars that have come before them.

If that’s a change with Winters, I don’t disagree that he should be out, but unless those boosters and alumni are willing to pony up to buy him out of his new contract, it won’t be happening for a few more years at least. As for Fournier, I could see a (forced) retirement but hard to imagine the president/university firing him, but I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 10-04-2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

I think the wholesale changes come in 2024. New President comes in Spring 2023. My estimate is that Rob Fournier is kept around for a year during the transition, then is "asked" to retire. This may be a blessing in disguise, because he is the last man I want making a new hire (though admittedly his basketball choice, despite the situation with the last coach, seems to check a lot of boxes).

Comment

I share the frustrations that both NewEra and mtsax have voiced. However as long as our current AD keeps his job I think Winters' job is safe even if they go 1-9 this season. In the unlikely event that Fournier decides to replace Winters, chances are the new hire will be a Winters clone so no real progress will take place.

I hope I'm wrong, watching the team spiral down the last few years has been tough to take.

Comment

Originally posted by WayneStatesman View Post
          I share the frustrations that both NewEra and mtsax have voiced. However as long as our current AD keeps his job I think Winters' job is safe even if they go 1-9 this season. In the unlikely event that Fournier decides to replace Winters, chances are the new hire will be a Winters clone so no real progress will take place.

I hope I'm wrong, watching the team spiral down the last few years has been tough to take.
          This is one hurts me and I am not part of the fanbase, but I do know Metro Detroit has some talent. The state of Michigan for that matter, and please do not start the kids do not want to go to school in Detroit. NFL Draft, Entertainment District, Greek town,. Get some fresh blood in and turn this thing around. Mass emails and petition.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X