Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benedictine moving from D3 to D2 GLVC

This article says Benedictine, in Lisle IL is applying for D2 status and the GLVC is sponsoring their move.

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/201...-looking-to-d2

Re: Benedictine moving from D3 to D2 GLVC

Originally posted by doolittledog View Post
    This article says Benedictine, in Lisle IL is applying for D2 status and the GLVC is sponsoring their move.

http://www.d3sports.com/notables/201...-looking-to-d2
    Wonder if that means they choose between Southwest Baptist and Lindenwood to be the other replacement (for UWP and SJC)? I'd guess SBU because some schools might think L'Wood has to much $$. Or, maybe the GLVC knows something about WJC/QU/UI leaving and/or going under so they'll take all three.

Comment

I just checked out the pictures of their facilities on their athletic website and I am impressed. From that standpoint, they look the part of a program that is ready to jump to D-II. Their football, basketball, baseball, and softball facilities look to be among some of the best in the GLVC. Appears to be a solid addition to D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
        Wonder if that means they choose between Southwest Baptist and Lindenwood to be the other replacement (for UWP and SJC)? I'd guess SBU because some schools might think L'Wood has to much $$. Or, maybe the GLVC knows something about WJC/QU/UI leaving and/or going under so they'll take all three.
        I wish I knew something about U Indy leaving. They need to get into a conference with some decent private programs like Hillsdale, Findlay and Ohio Dominican. Keep them battle ready. Fair as far as scholies. I think Ashland joining the GMAC would allow for East West divisions and look too attractive for U Indy to pass up. The YEARLY rivalries with three decent football schools: Hillsdale (already there), Findlay (three hours away) and Ohio Dominican (down US 70) would build so nice. Throw Ashland in there and wow!

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
          I wish I knew something about U Indy leaving. They need to get into a conference with some decent private programs like Hillsdale, Findlay and Ohio Dominican. Keep them battle ready. Fair as far as scholies. I think Ashland joining the GMAC would allow for East West divisions and look too attractive for U Indy to pass up. The YEARLY rivalries with three decent football schools: Hillsdale (already there), Findlay (three hours away) and Ohio Dominican (down US 70) would build so nice. Throw Ashland in there and wow!
          Ashland recommitted to the GLIAC (at least for the short-term), so that we'll have to put those UIndy-Ashland threads on hold (for now).
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post
            Have you heard something about LU applying for the GLVC?
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

back channel talk is about it. GLVC will go back to 16 schools in 2019 so there will not be any options for LU or anyone else until more openings occur.

Comment

There may be another Chicagoland school on the horizon for the GLVC and/or the GLIAC to consider (link from the LSC Football threads; the post deals with Chicago State and the D1 WAC):

http://www.d2football.com/forum/show...53#post2194353

If the talk about Chicago State considering leaving D1 is serious, they might be a good fit for the GLVC - albeit without a football program - depending on how the rest of the conference membership shakes out going forward.

Comment

I doubt the GLIAC or GLVC would want them. If they did go with the GLVC, the conference has 7 core sports (baseball, m/w basketball, m/w soccer, softball, and w volleyball) and Chicago State does not have men's soccer or softball. There has been talk that the school might either close or merge. They have serious financial issues and one of the ways they are keeping athletics going is playing the money games which would not be available to them in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                    I doubt the GLIAC or GLVC would want them. If they did go with the GLVC, the conference has 7 core sports (baseball, m/w basketball, m/w soccer, softball, and w volleyball) and Chicago State does not have men's soccer or softball. There has been talk that the school might either close or merge. They have serious financial issues and one of the ways they are keeping athletics going is playing the money games which would not be available to them in D2.
                    Somehow, given the nature of Chicago politics, they'll find a way to keep Chicago State open...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X