Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBU - MIAA to GLVC

What's the opinion of the GLVC fans of Southwest Baptist University leaving the MIAA to be full members of the GLVC? I mean, they were already affiliate members for football, but adding in the rest of the athletics seems to help out with the loss of Wisconsin-Parkside.

Anything that might not be positive with the new addition? I just want to hear both sides of it, positive and negatives, of the addition of the new conference member.

I'm interested in the move because GV played SBU a few years back.

Re: SBU - MIAA to GLVC

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
    What's the opinion of the GLVC fans of Southwest Baptist University leaving the MIAA to be full members of the GLVC? I mean, they were already affiliate members for football, but adding in the rest of the athletics seems to help out with the loss of Wisconsin-Parkside.

Anything that might not be positive with the new addition? I just want to hear both sides of it, positive and negatives, of the addition of the new conference member.

And almost beat GV with their backup QB. Next to none GLVC fans on here anymore. Ten years ago there were a bunch. Most left during one guy's relentless trolling. SW Bap is a long trip for U Indy. At least 7 hours. Last time I checked they do a decent job recruiting. Usually guys from 10 plus states and some good athletes out of St Louis. But looks like to me that they're one of the Christian-affiliated schools that take advantage of playing it's their mission to bring in some "characters" recruits that most schools wouldn't touch. Maybe Bap seems to have enough quality kids mixed in that it doesn't create the lousy team environment that other schools have to deal with when they bring in the boneheads in attempt to win. And maybe they don't take that strategy to the extreme that some schools do.

Comment

Truman (as does Missouri S&T, and to an extent, UMSL) has a long history with Southwest Baptist, as they were members of the MIAA for many years. SBU has had success in a handful of sports of the years. They may struggle early in the GLVC's core sports, as SBU's soccer, volleyball, baseball and softball programs haven't really blown anyone away. Basketball there has been up and down but it's a neat D2 gym. They're competitive in football, as displayed not just by GLVC records lately but also their results against some non-conference teams. They have had long-lasting success in tennis.

Good add overall for the league -- provides some stability with a school similar in makeup to many of the other GLVC private universities. Think St. Joseph with more overall upside and closer to 2/3rds of the league's schools.

Comment

Full game video: SW Bap with about 3 1/2 minutes chance to tie at the end. Threw a pick at the 35 yard line.

Comment

SBU can't play football with the big boys of the MIAA, so it makes sense for them to join the GLVC for all sports. If you can't cut it playing football in the MIAA then we don't want you playing any sports in the MIAA. Lincoln is the next one who needs to leave or get booted from the MIAA. I wouldn't wish Lincoln on the GLVC or any D2 conference. Lincoln needs to drop to D3 because they suck at everything except track. I mean really, they play a grand total of four men's sports. I miss not having Truman State in the MIAA ( a lot of history there).
          Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 06-07-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Best of luck to them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X