Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D2 Bowl Games

How many Bowl games does D2 Football have. What are they called and are they all tied to a specific conference. Seeing how my Mo S&T Miners are going to finish a great season and not get a playoff invite I was wondering if maybe a Bowl game would be a possibility? Also, how long after the regular season finishes until the Bowl game is played?

Re: D2 Bowl Games

Someone covered the detail in the MIAA forum. THere are 4 bowl games and they have normally been played 3 weeks into the post season. 3 extra weeks of practice for next season being the biggest benefit to tgetting a bowl invite.

Comment

The Mineral Water Bowl is the first Saturday in Dec. One of the schools is out of the NSIC and the other one they choose.

Comment

Missouri S&T makes sense for the MWB.

Comment

The Mineral Water Bowl Committee has announced the teams to participate in the 53rd Mineral Water Bowl game to be held Saturday December 1st, 2018 at Tiger Stadium in Excelsior Springs MO. Kickoff is schedule for 12:00pm (Noon). The Minnesota State University Moorhead Dragons (Moorhead MN) 8-3 tied for 3rd in the NSIC Conference vs the Missouri S & T Miners (Rolla MO) 9-2, 2nd place in the GLVC Conference

Comment

Originally posted by Water Bowl Fan View Post
            The Mineral Water Bowl Committee has announced the teams to participate in the 53rd Mineral Water Bowl game to be held Saturday December 1st, 2018 at Tiger Stadium in Excelsior Springs MO. Kickoff is schedule for 12:00pm (Noon). The Minnesota State University Moorhead Dragons (Moorhead MN) 8-3 tied for 3rd in the NSIC Conference vs the Missouri S & T Miners (Rolla MO) 9-2, 2nd place in the GLVC Conference
            Best of luck to the Miners. Make some special team big plays and yards after catches and don't give them up.

Comment

Miners fans..I will be doing a small game preview for this Bowl Game in my weekly column come Thurs/Fri....FYI..for those interested. (Moorhead vs S&T)

Comment

Awesome. I look forward to it.

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                Miners fans..I will be doing a small game preview for this Bowl Game in my weekly column come Thurs/Fri....FYI..for those interested. (Moorhead vs S&T)

Comment

http://www.d2football.com/forum/entry.php?b=2360
                  D2 Preview

Comment

Witt, great job as usual. Go Dragons!

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                      Who's skip Bayless now bro? :)
                      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                        Who's skip Bayless now bro? :)
                        I'm doing good in the playoffs....bowl games are a crapshoot my friend.

U told your wife yet that you will be devoting Wed nights to researching teams and putting that into a weekly column yet..?

Comment

Wow! Rolla rolled!

Comment

I have been on the bandwagon all year long. This was a very good team that deserved to be in the playoffs! I honestly believe this years team could play with just about any D2 team(not saying they would beat all teams but I think they would be very competitive with even the upper crust team in D2). The playoff selection format must be looked at if you really want to be totally unbiased. Ok, rant over. Great job by everyone involved with this years team. We lose some real good Senior players but also return some real good young players also.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X