Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team Capsules part 3: Truman and LU

My number 4 and 3 teams, Truman and Lindenwood.

https://www.d2football.com/team-caps...lu-2019-09-02/
    Cool Story Bro

Thanks for the breakdown on Lindenwood. I think they'll be successful, but I'm interested to see how they do against the upper-level teams in the GLVC (namely: Indianapolis and Truman) this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
      Thanks for the breakdown on Lindenwood. I think they'll be successful, but I'm interested to see how they do against the upper-level teams in the GLVC (namely: Indianapolis and Truman) this year.
      Obviously by deduction, you can see that my top 2 teams are S&T and Uindy. I'm not sure why the coaches dropped the Miners down to 4, but I'll explain my reasoning for putting them #2 in my capsule later today.

I had Truman and Lindenwood pretty darn close. Both have great returning secondaries. Truman certainly has the edge along the defensive line as much of who LU will be depending on aside from Uchenna and Davis will be unproven. At linebacker, the presence of play maker Drew Seers gives the Lions the edge. Seers may prove to be one of the best defensive players in the conference, but that's just my gut feeling. Also a bit of bias showing I imagine as well :).

Truman probably has a slight edge defensively because defensive line play is so valuable in the overall success of a team.

Offensively, while Truman certainly has the horses to move the ball on the ground, I'm always a little suspect of one dimensional teams when it's time to play better defenses. Lindenwood as proven to be a little more balanced, and even elite in the passing game. Brister and Henneman are really what separated LU from Truman in my evaluations.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

If S&T gets good QB play they will challenge for conference champions. If their QB play is not good then they could be as low as 5th in conference. The miners are at least solid in pretty much every position group with the exception of one very important spot- THE QB!

Comment

Originally posted by S&TMinerfan View Post
          If S&T gets good QB play they will challenge for conference champions. If their QB play is not good then they could be as low as 5th in conference. The miners are at least solid in pretty much every position group with the exception of one very important spot- THE QB!
          Totally agree. Most important position in sports actually. But in rare occasions, the surrounding talent is enough to mask any shortcomings at this position. I'm not saying that's the case, becaue I have no idea how Simms, Hertzler, or whoever they choose will play. But I think there's so much talent returning on both sides of the ball...well if you're going to have to start a green QB, I can't think of a much better position to do so. Maybe Uindy's ;)
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X