Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 3 preview is up

Thanks for your patience everyone!

I went 7-1 in my picks last week! Amazing what a little research will do for you huh?

The GLVC has a chance to improve their out of conference record as they continue to beat up on Wayne State and KWU. Miles will be a test for MoS&T and division 1 non-scholly schools are always a bit of a crap shoot but I think Truman should beat Valpo.

https://www.d2football.com/glvc-prev...ee-2019-20-09/
    Cool Story Bro

Truman game moved up to 3 p.m. because of weather concerns, just in case you were building your Saturday around watching that game at 7. I actually got that out without laughing.

Went back and watched most of the TSU/Wayne game from last week on the GLVCSN archive. I think it was a bit of a turning point game for Barr. He seemed much more comfortable hanging out in the pocket and not immediately tucking and running.

But, honestly this week, that's probably all he'll do (and need to do). Valpo is giving up 324 yards per game on the ground. On the flip side, they are averaging just 1.9 yards per carry and only 170 per game through the air on offense, so I honestly don't know how they'll be able to do anything against this Bulldog defense. They seem totally inept on offense and completely unable to stop anyone out of the opponent's backfield. Truman had 56 carries last year. I'd be surprised if they aren't right around there again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
      Truman game moved up to 3 p.m. because of weather concerns, just in case you were building your Saturday around watching that game at 7. I actually got that out without laughing.

Went back and watched most of the TSU/Wayne game from last week on the GLVCSN archive. I think it was a bit of a turning point game for Barr. He seemed much more comfortable hanging out in the pocket and not immediately tucking and running.

But, honestly this week, that's probably all he'll do (and need to do). Valpo is giving up 324 yards per game on the ground. On the flip side, they are averaging just 1.9 yards per carry and only 170 per game through the air on offense, so I honestly don't know how they'll be able to do anything against this Bulldog defense. They seem totally inept on offense and completely unable to stop anyone out of the opponent's backfield. Truman had 56 carries last year. I'd be surprised if they aren't right around there again this year.
      I don't think Truman really gets tested this week either. I think the Valpo passing game might collect some yardage between the 30's, but they won't be able to run the ball effectively enough to threaten. Their run defense is where it might get a little silly. Central Connecticut is clearly an offense that runs the ball, but nothing about what Eastern Kentucky has done since playing Valpo explains why they were able to rack up 300 yards on the ground other than the Valpo simply cannot defend the run.

Barr may have 200+ yards running.

I think Barr we'll get to see Barr's progression as a passer next week vs. Quincy. While I think Truman's defense is legit, I think the Hawks have enough fire power that will require Truman to be more aggressive when they have the ball. Could be looking at a matchup of to 3-0 teams.
      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X