Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FHSU at Indianapolis

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
    Hard to even respectfully disagree with you here! Or we haven't watched the same games. What I've seen is just terrible. But will give you that Truman did an okay job this year. Watched the game that week with a friend of the head coach and if I remember right (no seats on the visitor side stadium) I'd give your camera guy a good grade B+ and you had one guy talking who was competent too. Don't need the commentary at all except usually can't see the numbers. As far giving students experiences in college, they aren't learning anything if not given any instruction and it's obvious they aren't. If I don't get to one of their games I sometimes go the whole season without knowing what kind of team they have! Gave up on expecting anything different from them about 5 years ago. Get in your car and drive.
    That's fine, but in the grand scheme, if the schools aren't allowed to charge for it (I'm assuming the league doesn't allow them to since no school charges for anything), then I don't fault them for not putting in a ton of their own money on production value. It's a nice service for a Saturday afternoon or a Thursday night if I want to flip on a game, but I'm certainly not obsessing over something not being ESPN caliber when I'm not paying a dime for it.

And yes, by all means, if you're a game-by-game follower, get in your car and drive. If you are a casual fan or someone who played there in the past and you check in now and again, I think it's just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

But yes, you get the occasional student who struggles, but I'm also for student experiences in college, so that's the best place to try and learn. If I was paying $9.95 a game for it, then I might change my tune a little bit.
      The fact that we pay for it in the MIAA is what makes it an issue for many of us.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
        That's fine, but in the grand scheme, if the schools aren't allowed to charge for it (I'm assuming the league doesn't allow them to since no school charges for anything), then I don't fault them for not putting in a ton of their own money on production value. It's a nice service for a Saturday afternoon or a Thursday night if I want to flip on a game, but I'm certainly not obsessing over something not being ESPN caliber when I'm not paying a dime for it.

And yes, by all means, if you're a game-by-game follower, get in your car and drive. If you are a casual fan or someone who played there in the past and you check in now and again, I think it's just fine.
        Wouldn't take any money to explain to the student videographer the obvious. At times they've been absolutely clueless. Always assumed it was a class experience that is supervised by people that aren't familiar with football. It has been so bad for some games I've hoped to watch that you can't follow it at all. Never mentioned ESPN but would expect high school quality at a football school like U Indy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
          I suppose I should be pulling for the GLVC teams now?

FHSU will bring a very stubborn defense to Indy. Not many teams found much room against the tigers this year. Indy looks like they've been able to pretty much run the ball at will vs. their GLVC competition this year amassing over 250 yards a game on the ground. I imagine they'll have a bit of a tougher time running the ball this weekend.

FHSU is a bit one dimensional on offense, but they execute that dimension very well averaging almost 300 yards per game through the air. They'll face the GLVC's top ranked pass defense in Indy. This could be a matchup that sets up favorably for the Greyhounds. If they can disrupt Mezera's timing, and force him to get rid of the ball sooner than he wants, it could expose a ***** in the armor of the Tigers that Indy could take advantage of.

I'm looking forward to watching this game. It will be my first exposure to GLVC football, and should give me an idea of what life will be like as an LU fan next year!
          Nope. You are with us until the playoffs are over. Next season you can pop in and laugh at our stupid silo scheduling.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
            Nope. You are with us until the playoffs are over. Next season you can pop in and laugh at our stupid silo scheduling.
            Or Pitt State fans complaining about the 6-0 start only to crap themselves and lose the next 5, but knowing that Beck will continue to be their coach.....:smile-big:
            and yes, the Silo scheduling...

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              http://www.glvcsn.com/

It's available as a roku channel, too.
              Roku channel is good. Like the Big Sky on Pluto.

Comment

Comment

Indy needs a stop here before half. Can't let FHSU score then get the ball out of half.

17-7 UIndy with 1:30 to go in 2Q.

Comment

Indy's uniforms are doodoo
                    Cool Story Bro

Comment

That targeting call was doodoo.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...