Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lindenwood at Eastern Washington 9/7/19

Originally posted by LeoTheLion View Post
    And the possibility of an upset is certainly there! I remember Marquette fans being quite flustered when Lindenwood had a shot at the buzzer to beat them at the Bradley Center in 2017.
    Hoping the EWU at Washington game will be on where I live the previous week to see what we're up against.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

Re: Lindenwood at Eastern Washington 9/7/19

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
      Hoping the EWU at Washington game will be on where I live the previous week to see what we're up against.
      It is being broadcast on the Pac 12 Network.

Comment

EWU lines up vs. no.13 Washington today.

Very interested to watch this Barriere kid to see what LU is up against next week.
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Well... that was pretty ugly for the eagles. Not completely shocking considering that UW probably has a shot at the FBS playoffs this year. I figured that a talented EWU team would give them more of an game.

The EW is probably watching Lindenwood film for the first time this weekend. I'm sure they'll want to get the taste out of their mouths and put this one away early. More indepth thoughts later on this, but for Lindenwood's sake, I was hoping Eastern would've given the Huskies a decent fight.
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Game notes are up!

https://lindenwoodlions.com/document...rogram_EWU.pdf
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

So far this is the only other GLVC game I've been able to watch this weekend. Hoping to catch most of the rest later.

I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first.....

EWU and Eric Barriere had their absolute way with Lindenwood offensively. They set offensive yardage records across several categories. Considering this was one of the best offenses in FCS last year, it's not all that surprising.

Now to the positives for Lindenwood.
              1. LU was down 31-0, and fought back to within a couple of touchdowns twice. I wouldn't say it ever felt like the game was in question considering the Eagles could score when they wanted, but the Lions didn't let EWU put it in cruise control with their backups until late in the 4th quarter.
              2. Cade Brister threw for 289 yards and 4 touchdowns. His completion percentage could've been better, but he made the plays, including with his legs, when needed to. It looks like Brister picked up where he left off in 2018. His performance against a top ranked FCS opponent that only allowed 22 points per game should have the rest of the GLVC nervous.
              3. The LU defensive line did manage 2 sacks and several QB pressures. Considering this was an ALL SENIOR offensive line that EWU was trotting out there, I think the LU defensive front performed admirably.
              4. The LU receiving corps made some outstanding plays on the ball. Eagle defensive backs looked pretty frustrated towards the end of the game when they seemed to have good coverage but the combination of Brister's ball placement and Henneman/Rose's ability to catch in traffic repeatedly left them bewildered.
              5. Lindenwood special teams- this might be the most exciting thing for Lindenwood fans. Special team play has been a bugaboo for the Lions. 3 games last year could be blamed in part because of special teams short comings. Kickoff depth, coverage, punting, punt coverage, and the return game all looked to be drastically improved. Without a doubt, this is the most improved aspect of the 2019 Lindenwood Lions.
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                So far this is the only other GLVC game I've been able to watch this weekend. Hoping to catch most of the rest later.

I'll get the bad stuff out of the way first.....

EWU and Eric Barriere had their absolute way with Lindenwood offensively. They set offensive yardage records across several categories. Considering this was one of the best offenses in FCS last year, it's not all that surprising.

Now to the positives for Lindenwood.
                1. LU was down 31-0, and fought back to within a couple of touchdowns twice. I wouldn't say it ever felt like the game was in question considering the Eagles could score when they wanted, but the Lions didn't let EWU put it in cruise control with their backups until late in the 4th quarter.
                2. Cade Brister threw for 289 yards and 4 touchdowns. His completion percentage could've been better, but he made the plays, including with his legs, when needed to. It looks like Brister picked up where he left off in 2018. His performance against a top ranked FCS opponent that only allowed 22 points per game should have the rest of the GLVC nervous.
                3. The LU defensive line did manage 2 sacks and several QB pressures. Considering this was an ALL SENIOR offensive line that EWU was trotting out there, I think the LU defensive front performed admirably.
                4. The LU receiving corps made some outstanding plays on the ball. Eagle defensive backs looked pretty frustrated towards the end of the game when they seemed to have good coverage but the combination of Brister's ball placement and Henneman/Rose's ability to catch in traffic repeatedly left them bewildered.
                5. Lindenwood special teams- this might be the most exciting thing for Lindenwood fans. Special team play has been a bugaboo for the Lions. 3 games last year could be blamed in part because of special teams short comings. Kickoff depth, coverage, punting, punt coverage, and the return game all looked to be drastically improved. Without a doubt, this is the most improved aspect of the 2019 Lindenwood Lions.
                Another tough test coming up in Midwestern State.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X