Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USI move to D1; how does that affect UIndy?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

Ya, TNU and KWC were critical for the conference early on as they jumped in when issues rose around Salem, Central State, Urbana, and Notre Dame. However, both, and especially TNU, would really be better off from finding a new situation now. I would be betting on KWC ending up back in the GLVC at some point. TNU I could see going back to NAIA, or ending up in in Conference Carolinas, Gulf South, the Peach Belt, or the SAC.
    I'd guess the SAC or Gulf South. Nashville is too far west for it to be a footprint fit for ConfCar (the lone Tennessee school is King University in Bristol) and the Peach Belt is mostly public colleges (save for Flagler and Young Harris) centered around Georgia and South Carolina (Flagler, again, is the outlier, being in Florida, albeit in St. Augustine, which is due south of Jacksonville). The SAC has three East Tennessee schools (Carson-Newman in Jefferson City, Lincoln Memorial in Harrogate and Tusculum), so that's a little too far west from Nashville. GSC already has some non-football schools in Tennessee (Christian Brothers in Memphis, Lee in Cleveland and Union in Jackson) so TNU fits that footprint nicely (and Alabama-Huntsville is practically a straight shot down I-65); I think the GSC, were they interested in expanding, would probably prefer a football school over a school that doesn't sponsor football).
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
    Working...
    X