Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uindy AD Resigns Amid Rumored Vote on Division I Move

Just ran across this article, and it is an interesting move as the Uindy Board of Trustees is reporting to be voting on the future of athletics at the school on Sept. 30th. Think this news will play any role in how that vote happens? Could GMAC commissioner Tom Deager be a good candidate for the new AD?

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...s/69504744007/

Personally, I still hope for the Uindy to the GMAC move, but I understand the draw to Division I. After having basically the same AD since the 1980s till 2019 or so, to go through one in just two years is unusual for Uindy.

A la Lindenwood's AD. UIndy's AD had too much going on in his personal life that came to a head this summer and caused the step down. Although our trio feels he was doing better than the AD that stayed for fifteen or so years, he's no longer capable to do his job. With the UIndy President now heading DePaul U and no AD, wouldn't be surprised if they vote to delay the vote!

Comment

Interesting, did not know the personal issues. A vote delay would be interesting. Really pulling for them to remain D2, and I am hoping they end with a president/AD that share that vision.

Comment

I'm hoping and praying they go D1 even though I figure this will affect the vote.

Comment

Join us!

Comment

Guy definitely had too much going on to be the AD they need going forward. What a pickle they are in? D1 to play Ooie Pooie in basketball sounds like football takes a back seat and that doesn't sit well with me. Even with Southern Indiana and Bellarmine there to renew rivalries, those are not football schools and likely never will be. Know that FCS is mainly small college football but there's something special about D2 and lower. Hillsdale and U Indy were always all out fun. I'm partial to D2 if it's joining the GMAC but if it's same old GLVC competition, I'm thinking it might as well be FCS.

Comment

i think if they make they Jump to OVC football they could be one of the top teams in the conference especially when they become eligible for the postseason

Comment

Originally posted by Bryon Ramos View Post
                Join us!
                You get your ass out of here!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X