Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Whats the Deal with Mo Southern Football????

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So Whats the Deal with Mo Southern Football????

Very well said. I agree that Dr. Marble is a great leader. He is really working to improve the situation at Southern and is a big supporter of the athletic programs. The state needs to step up and do their job by giving Southern funding that is on par with others in the state. I also agree that Denver Johnson is a great guy. He is trying to build a program from the scrap heap, and in my opinion is doing it the right way. He is focused on building a program, and not on short-term results.

Comment

The mismanagement I was referring to was their failure to plan for the funding issues and impose a larger hike the years before the tuition cap hike went into place. Other MO schools planned ahead and had large rate hikes before the state handcuffed the ability to fund that way. Southern didn't. They put themselves behind the 8 ball pretty badly. Not sure who was in charge at the time, though.

Pitt and all the state schools solved their funding stuff by getting all the schools together and talking the board into loosening the purse strings.

Comment

I say solved. I mean bandaged for the time being.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X