Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stadium Rankings.

And one more thing. I've been going to games there forever. From where they were to where they are is incredible and I always enjoy going. The Western group is always so welcoming which reflects very nicely on them, especially considering where I went to school.

Comment

Can't disagree with any of that Brandon. I'm glad that the MWSU folks have made you feel welcome as that's how I think it should be as well. 'Axe to grind' was probably a bit over the top as a phrase to describe your legitimate criticism of the press area as they should take into consideration the functionality of that space for press purposes. I guess when I say 'press box' I use that very loosely to refer to the entire homeside structure above the stands which I'm sure is a bit of a misnomer. TBH, I don't begrudge anyone for attending or being a fan of NW as I consider them to be a sort of model D2 institution much like UCM or Pitt State and others. I prefer to think of it as a fun (albeit there is some bad blood for some I'm sure) and emotional geographic rivalry almost as if between brothers, one a little older than the other if you catch my drift. Looking forward to the return of football and an interesting week one rivalry matchup that hopefully won't turn out to be a complete green on gold beatdown. Hard to beat a week one game in the 'Ville.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
        I think the top ten stadiums in the MIAA could be ten of the top 30-40 stadiums in the country. I would switch UNK and LWU. The press box at Hunter Stadium is not really that nice (IMO) and I don't think they have suites. UNK has better parking for tailgating and the press box/suites are really nice and spacious.
        Very good point about the difference between UNK and LWU facilities in terms of suites vs lack of suites. Honestly, I haven't been to either of these stadiums yet so some of my opinion would have to be taken with a dash of salt. You could definitely make a pursuasive argument to switch some of these rankings as I have not seen some of these facilities in person or don't know the details about some of them.

Comment

Lindenwood is getting new turf this year with colored in endzones which will add to the appeal of HCH.

There are also plans for a jumbotron in the near future.
          Cool Story Bro

Comment

Just curious which stadiums have high schools played at them if anybody knows - Hays has two high schools use theirs and Emporia does as well. I don't know about Maryville but they have an awesome mascot - the Spoofhounds

Comment

Like others I have only been to three stadiums, Southern, Pitt and UCM. Southern had nice player facilities but stadium is long over due for an upgrade. PITT had the whole package, walking out on to the turf with their 2016 game opening video playing on the jumbo tron was a religious experience. UCM stadium is a little better then Pitt but Pitt's player facilities are top notch.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                Just curious which stadiums have high schools played at them if anybody knows - Hays has two high schools use theirs and Emporia does as well. I don't know about Maryville but they have an awesome mascot - the Spoofhounds
                The Spoofhounds play at their own stadium.

Comment

Edmond has three high schools (well technically six, Deer Creek and two private schools) but the three EPS schools played at Wantland up until three years ago. Just in the last two years Santa Fe, and North have built stadiums, and Memorial I presume will have one soon as well.
                  Go Bronchos!

Comment

Along with their unique mascot they also have several Missouri State Football Championships(inc 2017) and at least 2 2nd places

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                      Along with their unique mascot they also have several Missouri State Football Championships(inc 2017) and at least 2 2nd places

With all the championships for NWMS and the local high school it makes you wonder if they're spiking the Maryville water with some sort of performance enhancing...what? I demand a full investigation and we'll call it The Watergate Investigation, oh wait, that name has already been taken. Carry on with the investigation.... we'll figure out a name later.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                        With all the championships for NWMS and the local high school it makes you wonder if they're spiking the Maryville water with some sort of performance enhancing...what? I demand a full investigation and we'll call it The Watergate Investigation, oh wait, that name has already been taken. Carry on with the investigation.... we'll figure out a name later.
                        Hand roids.

Comment

I'd almost guess that it would be tough to meaningfully evaluate this, but I'd tend to speculate that having a very good local HS team is a major contributing factor to having a very good D2 team--even if there aren't a ton of those local HS kids playing for the D2 school, it kind of conditions the town for success in football that is oftentimes dependent on a meaningful town-gown relationship.

While they haven't been great lately, Pittsburg HS has a ton of football tradition and was really great in the 80s right before PSU's football renaissance, and St. Mary's-Colgan, the Catholic HS in Pittsburg is one of the 4-5 winningest small schools in KS HS football history. While I'm nowhere near old enough to be able to vouch for the truth of this, I grew up being told that the reason the 1957 Pitt State NAIA National Champions were so good is because they had a number of kids on the team from the 1954 PHS State Champions team (for the old-timers on here who actually were around for this, correct me if I'm wrong). Both the 1991 and 2011 PSU National Champions had Pittsburg natives under center, and probably a few other places, if I were to start thinking a little harder on the subject.

There's also pairing of very successful high schools with NW and Maryville and Valdosta. Anyone know of any other similar D2 situations?

Stadium rankings:
                          Pitt State
                          UCM
                          Northwest
                          Washburn (I like the kind of dugout bowl)
                          Western
                          UCO
                          Emporia
                          [I haven't been to the other 4 in the conference recently enough to meaningfully opine]
                          Southern--I've been to 8 man football games where the parents' cars' headlights are lighting up the field in the second half. That is a better football watching experience than MoSo.
                          Last edited by GorillaBred; 07-06-2018, 08:25 PM. Reason: Adding content re: topic of thread

Comment

Having been to every MIAA venue except for Lindenwood, UCO and NSU...Bearcat Stadium stays in the lower end of the top for the following reasons: 1) The chairback seats on the west side SUCK! They are too small for even the average size person and they are uncomfortable as hell to sit in 2) There is very little leg room between rows especially the chairback seats. 3) Parking. Parking at NW games sucks to the nth degree.

NW really needs to renovate the west side AGAIN! The cutbacks they had to make to renovate it the first time made the west side of the stadium unappealing to the eye from outside the stadium. It looks cheap. There needs to be much more leg room between rows and in my opinion, the entire west side should be chairback seats.
                            Last edited by CatFan88; 07-07-2018, 02:26 PM.
                            Go Hounds!
                            B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                            Cyclone Power
                            ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post
                              Having been to every MIAA venue except for Lindenwood, UCO and NSU...Bearcat Stadium stays in the lower end of the top for the following reasons: 1) The chairback seats on the west side SUCK! They are too small for even the average size person and they are uncomfortable as hell to sit in 2) There is very little leg room between rows especially the chairback seats. 3) Parking. Parking at NW games sucks to the nth degree.

NW really needs to renovate the west side AGAIN! The cutbacks they had to make to renovate it the first time made the west side of the stadium unappealing to the eye from outside the stadium. It looks cheap. There needs to be much more leg room between rows and in my opinion, the entire west side should be chairback seats.
                              i don't do it anymore, but you should try maneuvering through those seats with a backpack blower on your back. HATED cleaning up the stadium after games. even worse was clearing snow out of there...

Comment

maybe its in the stolen vodka coming out of A And Gs restaurant.

hand roids is damn good too lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X