Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UCM QB Bolles out for...

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
    Where can we view the depth chart or do you just have inside information regarding the depth chart?
    So where do you find the depth chart? I have been looking through their roster and website for a year now and never found it.

Comment

I would think he would be done due to the semester rule.

As much as I don't like you guys, the injury bug is a bummer for the kids, program, and fans. Tough way to potentially not achieve your ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by UCMfootballdad View Post
        So where do you find the depth chart? I have been looking through their roster and website for a year now and never found it.
        Check the game notes each week. This week it's on p. 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
          I would think he would be done due to the semester rule.

As much as I don't like you guys, the injury bug is a bummer for the kids, program, and fans. Tough way to potentially not achieve your ceiling.

Wall Street (or anyone) - Can you define the semester rule. In Austin Miller's case he played in 2014 as a true freshman - played in 2015 as a sophomore - in 2016 he started the first two games before sitting out injured the rest of the year (I assume he claimed a medical redshirt or does he just lose that year?) - he plays in 2017 - 2018 he's hurt before the season starts and out for the year. Seems to me that since he never took an initial redshirt coming out of high school that he would still be eligible for one more year.

In Brook Bolles' case he took a redshirt coming out of high school then played as a (R) freshman, sophomore, junior and then gets hurt in the first game as a senior and apparently could now sit out the year and get a medical redshirt and play next year.

Given that Bolles may end up sitting out two years (first year redshirt coming out of HS and the second a possible medical redshirt this year) then Miller should also be entitled to sit out a year with the redshirt he never took his first year out of high school.. It's all very confusing and I hope I explained this clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mulas View Post
            Wall Street (or anyone) - Can you define the semester rule. In Austin Miller's case he played in 2014 as a true freshman - played in 2015 as a sophomore - in 2016 he started the first two games before sitting out injured the rest of the year (I assume he claimed a medical redshirt or does he just lose that year?) - he plays in 2017 - 2018 he's hurt before the season starts and out for the year. Seems to me that since he never took an initial redshirt coming out of high school that he would still be eligible for one more year.

In Brook Bolles' case he took a redshirt coming out of high school then played as a (R) freshman, sophomore, junior and then gets hurt in the first game as a senior and apparently could now sit out the year and get a medical redshirt and play next year.

Given that Bolles may end up sitting out two years (first year redshirt coming out of HS and the second a possible medical redshirt this year) then Miller should also be entitled to sit out a year with the redshirt he never took his first year out of high school.. It's all very confusing and I hope I explained this clearly.
            Depends on the amount of full-time semesters attended.

Miller
            2014 F | S
            2015 F | S
            2016 F | S
            2017 F | S
            2018 F

If those are the semesters in which he attended full-time, he could go part time in the spring and have one semester left.

Bolles

2014 F | S
            2015 F | S
            2016 F | S
            2017 F | S
            2018 F |

Bolles could get the MRS, go part-time in the spring, and play next year.

Some kids choose not to keep playing.

Comment

Thanks Brandon for clearing that up. Hope Miller comes back next year, but after having surgery on both knees who could blame him if he calls it quits. Hopefully Bolles' injury doesn't require major surgery and he can play next year. But, that's getting way ahead of the situation....maybe Bolles heals up and returns to action this year.

You never know when the injury monster will strike.....sucks!
              Last edited by Donkeydamus; 09-05-2018, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Bolles sits, graduates, goes to NW, wins Championship. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
                  Bolles sits, graduates, goes to NW, wins Championship. ;)
                  If Wright continues his play I don't see Bolles getting a return call.

Comment

I hope it's not season ending... you got to feel bad for the kid and the fans when the expectations were so high this year. As a NW fan, it's probably a similar feeling to the way it felt loosing Justin Pitts as we're trying to make a championship run in basketball last year... the guy who similarly kind of made everything go.

Having said that, if he is going to miss the year, having it happen in week one could be a blessing. Boda is somewhat of a quarterback guru, so with some winnable games in the near future, the offense could find it's stride with a new man at quarterback. The other skill position players are in place and the defense looked much improved. Bolles is definitely a talent and hard to replace, but it may turn out fine in the end. The way the Hays game ended has to be painful though... Mules fans would feel a lot better I'm sure if they were 1-0.

Comment

It's official - Brook Bolles is out for the season. Just heard it on the Mules pregame show. Also out for the year - starting LB Austin Miller and starting CB Franklin Hunt.

Comment

Oh man...that sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Kyle Bradley (r) soph and Jeremy Hunt (r) freshman are splitting the qb duties. Hunt is lighting up the scoreboard big time with a cannon for an arm. Hunt is fantastic and looks like the clear favorite to take over for Bolles. Hunt is mainly a 6'4" pocket passer who is extremely accurate. Very encouraging !

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                            Kyle Bradley (r) soph and Jeremy Hunt (r) freshman are splitting the qb duties. Hunt is lighting up the scoreboard big time with a cannon for an arm. Hunt is fantastic and looks like the clear favorite to take over for Bolles. Hunt is mainly a 6'4" pocket passer who is extremely accurate. Very encouraging !
                            And just like that, versus the worst team in the conference, Bolles is chopped liver

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                              And just like that, versus the worst team in the conference, Bolles is chopped liver
                              Maybe you missed it....Bolles is officially out for the season and will return next year. Granted this was against an easy opponent so the Mules could let Bradley and Hunt split the playing time and see which player stepped up. Jeremy Hunt clearly out played Kyle Bradley in the quarterback battle. I would expect Hunt to get most of the reps with the first team this week, but we'll hear what coach Boda says in that regard on his Tuesday radio show.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                                Maybe you missed it....
                                Nope, been asking and following up all week. Kind of a joke response, i apologize if it came across snidely. I want Bolles in there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X