Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearcats and Bronchos

Bearcats are heading to the beautiful Edmond, OK to play the Bronchos this week. If you haven't made the trip it's a great trip to make and a great city.

NW has had some close games with UCO in the past. UCO this year looks to air the ball out more than running it which if they can hit on some big plays they can give NW a game. The UCO run defense looks to be struggling which NW has been handing the ball off this year more than the last few years.

I'm looking forward to the game!

Comment

Re: Bearcats and Bronchos

We had a Ted's in Liberty. It lasted as long as the Ft. Hays run atop the MIAA.

Comment

NW gonna roll. I wish it wasn't true for Jimbo's sake, but am afraid it is.

Comment

Correct on both counts. There is also Zarate's which has a little more Central/South American flavor. O'thellos which has good Italian, and I've heard good things about Taziki's Mediterranean Cafe. We can't compete with KC on BBQ so I won't mention those places.
          Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by JurisBearcat View Post
            Which, consequently, lasted as long as HookedonTurd's relevance on this message board.

Comment

need jimbo slice
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Comment

Pop over and help me unload a truck and trailer full of toys after the game :) Wish I was getting in a day sooner.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
                    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Given the issues that UCO had containing Cade Brister, I think Wright will have a great day. Especially when you consider how much more support he has in the running game than the Lions give Brister.

Defensively, I think UCO has the potential to hit on big plays, but NW won't let it get out of control like LU did. Aside from the big hits, LU did a good job of slowing down the UCO offense. They only had 17 first downs in the game vs. LU's 30. NW's veteran leadership, and championship pedigree will find ways to adjust.

NW-42
                      UCO-24
                      Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
                        Given the issues that UCO had containing Cade Brister, I think Wright will have a great day. Especially when you consider how much more support he has in the running game than the Lions give Brister.

Defensively, I think UCO has the potential to hit on big plays, but NW won't let it get out of control like LU did. Aside from the big hits, LU did a good job of slowing down the UCO offense. They only had 17 first downs in the game vs. LU's 30. NW's veteran leadership, and championship pedigree will find ways to adjust.

NW-42
                        UCO-24
                        I'll be shocked if NW gives up 24 points. Last time a NW team gave up 24 points was garbage time against NSU on 10/15/2016. After that you have to go back to 10/24/2015. It'll happen eventually but I'd place my money on Pitt State or Central Missouri on the team to hit 24 points against NW. NW has only given up 24 points 5 times since the start of the 2014 season. One of them in a playoff loss to UMD. 4 MIAA opponents in 49 MIAA games. If you add 2013 to it only 5 MIAA games over 24 points in 59 MIAA games. 6 MIAA games over 24 points in 69 MIAA games if you go back to 2012. 2011 was the last year that NW really gave up multiple 24 point games in regular season. They had 3 games go over 24 points then.
                        Last edited by JR Chaney; 09-18-2018, 09:38 AM.

Comment

The best steaks are at Cattlemen's a few miles west on 1-40 in what we call "Stockyard City."
                          Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                            I'll be shocked if NW gives up 24 points. Last time a NW team gave up 24 points was garbage time against NSU on 10/15/2016. After that you have to go back to 10/24/2015. It'll happen eventually but I'd place my money on Pitt State or Central Missouri on the team to hit 24 points against NW. NW has only given up 24 points 5 times since the start of the 2014 season. One of them in a playoff loss to UMD. 4 MIAA opponents in 49 MIAA games. If you add 2013 to it only 5 MIAA games over 24 points in 59 MIAA games. 6 MIAA games over 24 points in 69 MIAA games if you go back to 2012. 2011 was the last year that NW really gave up multiple 24 point games in regular season. They had 3 games go over 24 points then.
                            Well look at you with all your fancy "research" and silly "facts"....

Lol.... ok. 35-17 NW wins.
                            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by JurisBearcat View Post
                              Correct on the Ted's Crappy Mexican...was nothing more than melted velveeta on some stale chips. The one in Overland Park vacated as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X