Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: PITT on Gameday-Where to go

If you come down 71/49, you could stop in Lamar and try Capp's Cabin. It's a British themed fish and chips place. It's really good, but everything there is deep fied and really bad for you, so go easy. Great fish and hushpuppies, good crabcakes, great clams, and I hear their burgers are really good, too.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
      I actually really like Typhoon, but can rarely justify the price.
      LOve all of their curry dishes

Comment

Bars: Haven't been to The Pitt, but when it was JB's it was pretty cool, especially after they expanded it and added the game room. If it's dead, there's 505 right across Broadway, then 5th Street around 1 corner, T.J. Leland's around the opposite corner, and The Break a block down. All between 5th and 7th Streets. I suggest Ubering to 505 and walking between the bars until you find a spot that fits your vibe...

Grub: The Chicken Restaurants are legendary, and there are a couple more in Barto's and Gebhardt's if you're willing and sober enough to drive to them.

Whenever I visit, I HAVE to have Pichler's Chicken Annie's and the Mall Deli at least once. This list used to include 1106, as well. The good news is that 5th Street has similar suzy-q's and burgers, along with some pretty *****in wings...Jim's has pretty good steaks (I recommend the sirloin tips.)

I grew up in Pitt, and a lot of the best locally owned restaurants are gone, but there's still some great food.
        I like turtles.

Comment

Ok, now you guys have my mouth watering. Gonna have to try some of those onion rings. :good:

Comment

Originally posted by transparent58 View Post
            Bars: Haven't been to The Pitt, but when it was JB's it was pretty cool, especially after they expanded it and added the game room. If it's dead, there's 505 right across Broadway, then 5th Street around 1 corner, T.J. Leland's around the opposite corner, and The Break a block down. All between 5th and 7th Streets. I suggest Ubering to 505 and walking between the bars until you find a spot that fits your vibe...

Grub: The Chicken Restaurants are legendary, and there are a couple more in Barto's and Gebhardt's if you're willing and sober enough to drive to them.

Whenever I visit, I HAVE to have Pichler's Chicken Annie's and the Mall Deli at least once. This list used to include 1106, as well. The good news is that 5th Street has similar suzy-q's and burgers, along with some pretty *****in wings...Jim's has pretty good steaks (I recommend the sirloin tips.)

I grew up in Pitt, and a lot of the best locally owned restaurants are gone, but there's still some great food.
            I forgot about 5th street, if it isn't dollar tacos, it isn't worth it. They do have a great beer selection.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
              I forgot about 5th street, if it isn't dollar tacos, it isn't worth it. They do have a great beer selection.
              Shooters has the same 1106 inspired burgers and suzies. Nobody has Fried cauliflower like 11-0-grease used to, though.

Comment

Originally posted by transparent58 View Post
                Blasphemy!
                I'm the guy who orders livers or hearts. Not big on chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                  Shooters has the same 1106 inspired burgers and suzies. Nobody has Fried cauliflower like 11-0-grease used to, though.
                  I miss trading pizzas for burgers and grease bags.
                  The 1106 restaurant sign is in TJ lelands by the way.

Comment

1106 was the place we would go after baseball games when I was a kid.

Comment

I'm the guy who orders livers or hearts. Not big on chicken.
                      Awesome...who doesn't like a great big ole plate of chicken livers...mmmmmm...mmmmmmmm

Comment

I do loves me some livers.

Comment

I do loves me some livers.
                          So do catfish...
                          I like turtles.

Comment

Comment

We don't talk about that.

Comment

Probably has something to do with the rumor that Jimmy Hoffa's body is encased in a pool table in the basement of Pallucca's.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X