Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 5 - Composite Rankings and updated Regionals

Another week and we see a couple more top dogs get humbled as IUP falls to Cal P; which lead to a 13 spot tumble for IUP. Central Washington got beat by a team in West Texas that had to travel 1,300 miles! So they take the biggest hit dropping 16 spots and may get fully displaced by Azusa Pacific after Saturday. So who took advantage, well not really who you'd expect. Kutztown jumps 10 spots into the rankings who has beaten Cal P but will not face IUP. Colorado Mines after much nashing of teeth by their fans last week is polling away from CSU-Pueblo. They trounced Mesa in the game and Mesa is one of three teams dropped completely out of this composite rankings since last week, Lindenwood and West Alabama also bow out for the time being.

At the top of the rankings Grand Valley and Ferris are still lock tight which will be resolved next Saturday! Nobody seems to be to impressed with Notre Dame at 5-0, but why should they be they've beaten a 3-2 Shepherd who conversely hasn't beaten a winning team. But the same can be said for West Chester who at 5-0 best win is against 2-3 Shippensburg, so it's kind of weird West Chester has a 5 spot better ranking.

Regional watch (teams in green are ranked, black are not but leading their conference) - not much changed IMO. Even with the loss, I still put IUP at the top of SRI. The only change is LIU-Post moves into the region over Hillsdale as LIU-Post is currently undefeated. SRII the only shakeout was taking West Alabama (3-2) out and putting Florida Tech (4-1) in. I moved the conference conference champs up. SRIII, if you recall last week I had FHSU in at 7 and made the comment that likely wouldn't be true the way Regionals selected so I decided to go ahead and update to having 2-2-2-1 from the conferences and dropped FHSU out at this time in favor of Harding out of the GAC. It's cosmetic and this regional over the next two weeks will shape up dramatically as 8 of the teams will face each other. SR4 I made no changes to the top 10 teams other than shifting them a bit, Central Washington and TAMU-C both drop a couple spots so everybody else moved up a couple. Again, cosmetic at this point as several of these teams square off in the next couple weeks.

here's the map

Last edited by EveryCatAWildman; 10-03-2018, 10:28 AM.

Re: Week 5 - Composite Rankings and updated Regionals

Why do your images always show up on not view able?

Comment

I am able to see the graph. However, sometimes I am unable to see the photos that NW Normal posts. Technology.
      IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
        Why do your images always show up on not view able?
        Damn, I don't know; I've checked the post on multiple browsers - explorer & chrome and on both laptop and mobile and it works for me. I save the images on google images and paste them from there. I'll admit the editing style of this blog is restrictive, so I certainly could be doing something wrong.

Comment

Worked earlier. Doesn't now. Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
            Damn, I don't know; I've checked the post on multiple browsers - explorer & chrome and on both laptop and mobile and it works for me. I save the images on google images and paste them from there. I'll admit the editing style of this blog is restrictive, so I certainly could be doing something wrong.
            Images do not work on Samsung Internet Browser (Android)

Comment

okay, I edited using a different photo thingy....hopefully it works for all; it actually works on the android now - so hopefully didn't screw up elsewhere

Comment

works for me again

Comment

Not sure what you did different this week versus prior, but this is the first time I've been able to see the images. I use Firefox.

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                    I am able to see the graph. However, sometimes I am unable to see the photos that NW Normal posts. Technology.
                    Good to know, thought it was only on my end!

Comment

Speaking of LIU in regional rankings
                      This article on their wrestling program would indicate all athletics, including football will move to DI

https://www.flowrestling.org/article...nd-next-season

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X