Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincoln football to return to MIAA

http://amp.newstribune.com/news/spor...season/746443/

The merry-go-round of conference affiliation went for a ride again Thursday.

Lindenwood announced it was departing the Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association to join the Great Lakes Valley Conference for the 2019-20 school year.

For a second, it looked like Lincoln was adding another conference game to its football schedule. Instead, the Blue Tigers' 2019 schedule will now have a completely different look.

With Lindenwood's departure, Lincoln will return to the MIAA for football in the 2019 season.

Re: Lincoln football to return to MIAA

http://photobucket.com/images/disgusted%20gifs

Comment

For most of the MIAA teams, that will basically be a bye week for the starters as the reserves will handle the mop up duty after the first quarter. Lincoln should drop down to d3.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
        For most of the MIAA teams, that will basically be a bye week for the starters as the reserves will handle the mop up duty after the first quarter. Lincoln should drop down to d3.
        They are actually in a decent location for it, tbh.

Comment

Lincoln's MBB coach and AD had this quote in the linked article:

"We're not the only MIAA school that desires the opportunity to have non-conference games in football," Moseley said. "I think that's something that'll continue to be discussed."

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
            Lincoln's MBB coach and AD had this quote in the linked article:

"We're not the only MIAA school that desires the opportunity to have non-conference games in football," Moseley said. "I think that's something that'll continue to be discussed."
            They should discuss Lincoln playing an entirely Non con schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
              They should discuss Lincoln playing an entirely Non con schedule.
              +100000000000 :laugh:

Comment

Lincoln has always wanted non-con games. As a HBCU they have the opportunity to cash checks for "HBCU Classic" games. Also lower lever D1's know they are not risking a loss to schedule Lincoln (or so Grambling thought). I don't think I've heard any other AD's say there is desire for non-cons. They usually spout the "full round robin" "ease of scheduling" lines.

Comment

I was excited by the thought of playing non-con games against Chadron State and Wayne State again with the departure of Lindenwood. Lincoln returning has spoiled that for me. Good luck to Lincoln though and welcome back.
                  UNK Loper Football - 32 Conference Titles, 5 NCAA Playoff Appearances, 2 Harlon Hill Runner-Ups

Comment

Wow this is disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                      Lincoln has always wanted non-con games. As a HBCU they have the opportunity to cash checks for "HBCU Classic" games. Also lower lever D1's know they are not risking a loss to schedule Lincoln (or so Grambling thought). I don't think I've heard any other AD's say there is desire for non-cons. They usually spout the "full round robin" "ease of scheduling" lines.
                      ALL MIAA programs should have the opportunity for non-con games. It's lunacy to not have them ...

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
                        I was excited by the thought of playing non-con games against Chadron State and Wayne State again with the departure of Lindenwood. Lincoln returning has spoiled that for me. Good luck to Lincoln though and welcome back.
                        That could have only happened if Chadron or Wayne had week 6 off next season. Lincoln is expected to simply replace Lindenwood in next year's schedule which is the reverse of this year's.

Comment

So not onlky is Pitt playing Lincoln. They come in and waste a home game for Pitt.

Comment

And everyone else who has them at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                              So not onlky is Pitt playing Lincoln. They come in and waste a home game for Pitt.
                              I'm curious. If you were in charge at Pitt, what would you want for week 5 next season?

1. Have Lincoln come in and not have to pay them.
                              2. Try to find somebody else to come in and probably have to pay them since you can't guarantee a return date.
                              3. Try to find somebody else to play on the road.
                              4. Take the week off.
                              5. Some other solution.
                              Last edited by Randy; 10-05-2018, 02:18 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X