• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt at FHSU

Congrats to Hays on their upcoming win.

Re: Pitt at FHSU

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Finally....things are back to normal. Becks blubbering radio show tonight should be interesting. Lets try to keep track of how many times he says "that's on me"

Comment

Originally posted by PittStateFootball View Post
      Finally....things are back to normal. Becks blubbering radio show tonight should be interesting. Lets try to keep track of how many times he says "that's on me"
      Or his other go to.... we were not in sync.

Comment

Most interesting to me will be to see how Dreiling's defense rebounds and if Hardin is still out, how he adjusts to life without a lockdown guy on that side.

Comment

Most interesting to me will be to see how Dreiling's defense rebounds and if Hardin is still out, how he adjusts to life without a lockdown guy on that side.
          Offense for me. Pitt has to get back to running the football 1st. I just don't understand the play calling as we are just not setup to throw the ball right now with our QB situation and it's killing us when we try. I felt for the most part on Saturday we could run the ball pretty well at times and just overlooked it. Our offense is so bad it's making our defense look bad and those guys are playing their guts out! Line up, quit all the motion bs and just RUN THE BALL! We have too many good running backs to not feature right now. So what if its boring, it was winning games!

Comment

Offense for me. Pitt has to get back to running the football 1st. I just don't understand the play calling as we are just not setup to throw the ball right now with our QB situation and it's killing us when we try. I felt for the most part on Saturday we could run the ball pretty well at times and just overlooked it. Our offense is so bad it's making our defense look bad and those guys are playing their guts out! Line up, quit all the motion bs and just RUN THE BALL! We have too many good running backs to not feature right now. So what if its boring, it was winning games!
            It was the worst offensively called game plan I have witnessed in all my games playing. The things that were effective, we didn't keep doing. We never showed any hint of variety on third down (3rd and 3, better pass it...). Then the receivers dropping passes that hit them in the hands in their frame. No guts. Couldn't believe some of decisions to punt, when going for it would have probably been a smarter move, especially down 21-0.

Beck commented about how they had some panic and started forcing things. I agree especially with the play calling, not the players so much. I don't think its panicking when you go for a fourth down, especially when your possessions need to produce points, but you don't need to get it on a single play.

Hopefully, Weimer's pulls it out this week. We do need to keep winning to keep any real shot at playoffs alive.

Comment

I think offense will be an issue until Weimers moves on or Beck gets much more involved.

Comment

I, for one, am shocked that after presiding over a defense with no mental toughness for the past 6 years, Weimers now presides over an offense that has... no mental toughness.

I haven't gone through the NW game thread yet, so I don't know what all has been said, but we're just a disaster offensively right now. It's like looking in a mirror at the 2015-16 defenses.

Comment

I think offense will be an issue until Weimers moves on or Beck gets much more involved.
                  Beck better get more involved or this season is trashed. I just have a bad bad feeling things are going to get worse.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                    I, for one, am shocked that after presiding over a defense with no mental toughness for the past 6 years, Weimers now presides over an offense that has... no mental toughness.

I haven't gone through the NW game thread yet, so I don't know what all has been said, but we're just a disaster offensively right now. It's like looking in a mirror at the 2015-16 defenses.
                    I agree completely. Delay of game on the 1st play of the game? How does that happen???? I felt there was only 1 play that was a threat to score and that was the trick play to our TE across the middle that was just overthrown. Everything else was about as basic as it gets.

Comment

I agree completely. Delay of game on the 1st play of the game? How does that happen???? I felt there was only 1 play that was a threat to score and that was the trick play to our TE across the middle that was just overthrown. Everything else was about as basic as it gets.
                      I couldn't figure out how our center gets 3 snap infraction penalties and still gets to snap the ball...

Comment

Now lets not get ahead of ourselves. Depends who turns up. This could pan out as either a 37-37 tie or a 0-0 tie lol

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post
                            I couldn't figure out how our center gets 3 snap infraction penalties and still gets to snap the ball...
                            Especially when the backup center was really good in the one game where he came in for him!

Comment

Originally posted by TigerGlen View Post
                              Now lets not get ahead of ourselves. Depends who turns up. This could pan out as either a 37-37 tie or a 0-0 tie lol
                              That's a lot of field goals.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X