Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who 'turns the corner' first

So Lincoln is coming back to the MIAA in football, with all the *****in' and moanin' the reality is we need a couple of the bottom feeders to start competing. So will it be Lincoln, Mo Southern, or Northeast OK that within 3 years hits .500 mark?

My guess would be Mo Southern; they have some history of success and have the immediate opportunity to hire the right coach. Lincoln and NEO, I'm not sure. Lincoln coach is in his second year, and one could argue seeing some positive changes, if you squint harder than Jameis Winston. Jefferson City isn't a horrible location to find football and bring in football talent, so I don't know if being a HBCU matters or the tiny tiny campus for attracting talent. NEO as far as I can tell is the worst off unless they make an immediate change at head coach and try to make an impact greater than what MO So will try to do in the next year.
    Last edited by EveryCatAWildman; 10-09-2018, 10:42 AM.

Re: Who 'turns the corner' first

MoSo without a doubt.

Facilities, institutional support, history, and location are all better than the other 2.
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

I don't want this to come out mean but...
      NEO is a JuCo in Miami (Miama) http://www.neo.edu/
      NSU is the MIAA team.
      Go Bronchos!

Comment

And to answer your question
        MoSo
        NSU
        LU will likely never.
        Go Bronchos!

Comment

I did not realize, but am glad to see, that they replaced that field with astro turf.
          IH8FERRIS

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
            Interesting note; Lincoln has never played Mo So or NEO in football - so it's the great unknown between the three if one can make it to some level of respectability.
            Lincoln has played NSU twice ('12-'13) with Lincoln winning in '13. MSSU and Lincoln have played 10 times going back NAIA days with MSSU leading 8-2 all-time and winning the last 8.

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
              NSU is the MIAA team.
              Originally posted by FlyinLion View Post
              Lincoln has played NSU twice ('12-'13) with Lincoln winning in '13. MSSU and Lincoln have played 10 times going back NAIA days with MSSU leading 8-2 all-time and winning the last 8.
              But I do think he's correct that Lincoln has never played NEO.

FWIW, NEO would give the MIAA a more competitive team that any of the three listed.

I think NSU turns the corner first. Not sure why I think they're closer than MoSo, but I just do. Have a few connections to Joplin. It's hard to overstate how down the community is on MoSo football--and how little local urgency there is to do anything about it.

I don't think Lincoln ever turns the corner on football. Also, I do think Jeff City is a horrible location to try to find and bring in football talent. Returning to the MIAA full-ish time is going to be bad for Lincoln. To the extent they're going to be able to find success, I really don't think the MIAA is the place it'll happen. Other than geography, they aren't a good match for the conference.

Comment

Interesting note; Lincoln has never played Mo So or NEO in football - so it's the great unknown between the three if one can make it to some level of respectability.
                Lincoln is 2-8 all time vs Southern. The Blue Tigers won the first 2 meetings in 1969 & 1970 then lost the next 8 including all 3 seasons they competed in the MIAA after rejoining the conference (2011-13).

Lincoln is 1-1 all time vs Northeastern playing them in both seasons (2012 & 2013) that both schools competed in football in the MIAA. Lincoln currently has a 2 game MIAA winning streak beating Northeastern & Baptist in the final games of 2013.

EDIT: I see others beat me to the punch. That's what happens when you get distracted after starting a reply.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyinLion View Post
                  You're right, I screwed up (big) on looking up historical games. Well, actually for some reason my IE browser didn't display anything, when I did the same search on Chrome, viola! the games displayed. I figured it really couldn't be correct, but I didn't double check.

Comment

NSU is the MIAA team.
                    Is there a difference? :smile-big: anyway, yes I am aware, just always called Northeastern Oklahoma - NE OK or as NEO in my shorthand, figured in an MIAA board 99.9% would know which school I'm referencing. NSU just doesn't seem to fit right either for me.

Comment

Financially, I think NSU is in the best shape of the 3, but they seem determined to do addition by subtraction. They will be gone before they "turn it around"

I don't see Lincoln ever being able to compete. I mean a great year for them will always be winning 4 -6 games, imo.

That leaves Southern. I don't know if there are enough cares, but they have a blank slate and a ton of time to find the right coach and give him 4 years to do it.

Comment

Is there a difference? :smile-big: anyway, yes I am aware, just always called Northeastern Oklahoma - NE OK or as NEO in my shorthand, figured in an MIAA board 99.9% would know which school I'm referencing. NSU just doesn't seem to fit right either for me.
                        I'll drink to that!
                        Go Bronchos!

Comment

I honestly wonder why they haven't changed some of the school names in the state.
                          We have two colleges that are frequently confused with other institutions
                          Northeastern State vs Northeastern Oklahoma A&M JuCo
                          East Central U vs (Tulsa) East Central High School

Yet we have
                          Eastern Oklahoma State (JC) in Wilburton
                          Northern Oklahoma (JC) in Tonkawa
                          Western Oklahoma State (JC) in Altus
                          No Southern Oklahoma anything

I would like to see the following
                          Northestern State--------->University of Eastern Oklahoma (UEO)
                          Southeastern Ok State---->University of Southern Oklahoma (USO)
                          SWOSU--------------------->University of Western Oklahoma (UWO) It really isn't south at all.
                          NW OK State--------------->University of Northern Oklahoma (UNO)
                          East Central can stay the same
                          Go Bronchos!

Comment

I honestly wonder why they haven't changed some of the school names in the state.
                            We have two colleges that are frequently confused with other institutions
                            Northeastern State vs Northeastern Oklahoma A&M JuCo
                            East Central U vs (Tulsa) East Central High School

Yet we have
                            Eastern Oklahoma State (JC) in Wilburton
                            Northern Oklahoma (JC) in Tonkawa
                            Western Oklahoma State (JC) in Altus
                            No Southern Oklahoma anything

I would like to see the following
                            Northestern State--------->University of Eastern Oklahoma (UEO)
                            Southeastern Ok State---->University of Southern Oklahoma (USO)
                            SWOSU--------------------->University of Western Oklahoma (UWO) It really isn't south at all.
                            NW OK State--------------->University of Northern Oklahoma (UNO)
                            East Central can stay the same
                            Ft. Hays--------------------------University of Western Kansas (WKU) No one beyond Kansas knows where Ft. Hays is at but even a child can point to a map and find Western Kansas.

Colorado State University at Pueblo-------------University of Southern Colorado (USC) Very few beyond Colorado can find Pueblo on a map but all can find Southern Colorado (BTW--As the MIAA continues to move west Southern Colorado University is destined to join us, and sooner than you think)

Lincoln University---------------Jefferson City Industrial Park (JCIP) Drop the name, close the school and do us all a favor and get rid of the ridiculous football "program."

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbadbod View Post
                              Ft. Hays--------------------------University of Western Kansas (WKU) No one beyond Kansas knows where Ft. Hays is at but even a child can point to a map and find Western Kansas.

."
                              and they'd be pointing in the wrong area; Hays is not in western kansas

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X