Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the No. 2 Team in the Hypothetical MIAA Power Rankings??

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the No. 2 Team in the Hypothetical MIAA Power Rankings??

This might be an interesting debate, maybe not.

I think it's fair to say that NW has gotten some separation as the top team in the conference at the moment (UCO fans may disagree). But who's number two right now? Hays and Pitt are tied for 2nd in the standings with UCO a game behind them. To me it's hard to argue against UCO as well as they have been playing.

Re: Who's the No. 2 Team in the Hypothetical MIAA Power Rankings??

Personally it is FHSU. If it wasn't for two game with coughing up the ball, FHSU would be undefeated right now. Sure this team may not be last years squad but they are still pretty darn good if the offense is playing well enough. Ask PSU or UCO, if FHSU is playing well, then they are very tough to beat. Heck even in the UCO game the FHSU's offense still wasn't playing very good but shut-out the Broncos.

Comment

Hays, Pitt, UCO are all Jeckyll and Hyde teams so far.
      If any made the playoffs, I think it equally likely that they get blown out in game 1 or make a run depending on what team showed up.

Hays is the most consistent of the 3, but probably not the most talented.
      UCO is the most talented, but least consistent.
      Pitt is in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by CatsBy90 View Post
        This might be an interesting debate, maybe not.

I think it's fair to say that NW has gotten some separation as the top team in the conference at the moment (UCO fans may disagree). But who's number two right now? Hays and Pitt are tied for 2nd in the standings with UCO a game behind them. To me it's hard to argue against UCO as well as they have been playing.
        There's another team that's a game behind Hays and Pitt, and has a win over Hays.

Comment

It's a tough one.

I'd say FHSU but they struggled with ESU and UNK. Loss to MoWest was another issue.

Right now NW is playing above everyone overall but they still have Fort Hays and Central to play. Picking who's the #2 team in the MIAA is like picking which body part you want to get shot in. Some sound a little better than others but none are pain free.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
            There's another team that's a game behind Hays and Pitt, and has a win over Hays.
            And also gave 598 offensive yards and 51 points to 3-5 CentralMO team. :wink:

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
              And also gave 598 offensive yards and 51 points to 3-5 CentralMO team. :wink:
              True enough. Fits with the Jekyll and Hyde nature of all the rest, imo. The UCM game doesn't bother me as much as the UCO one - pull that one out and it's a very different conversation.

Well, not very different - it's still Northwest and everybody else, but at least we'd be mentioned with everybody else. :)

Comment

This thread makes me wonder if the MIAA is really down (only one team in the top 25 NWMS#11) and we are no longer the top conference or if we are really deep and talented and we just beat each other up and that causes our teams who are better then a lot of other top dogs in other conferences to appear better than what they are?

Comment

Originally posted by BartonTiger View Post
                  Personally it is FHSU. If it wasn't for two game with coughing up the ball, FHSU would be undefeated right now. Sure this team may not be last years squad but they are still pretty darn good if the offense is playing well enough. Ask PSU or UCO, if FHSU is playing well, then they are very tough to beat. Heck even in the UCO game the FHSU's offense still wasn't playing very good but shut-out the Broncos.
                  don't ask us, I personally think you guys are crap on toast. the antelopers were more dangerous and central gave us a lot more fight. I never really got the feeling you guys were gonna hurt us with anything. not impressive at all for a team that just watched us smoke NW. so, if we DID indeed have your attention and you guys brought all the fire power you had...well its going to be another short postseason for you. as far as your coughing up the ball statement goes...none of our qbs have more than 3 starts right now. as I type this and our game was 4 weeks ago.... the "what could have been" game can be played all day long. all I know is with the way UCO has played up to this date, we are definitely not number 2 and if youre not number 1 in the race, all you are seeing is a$$holes and elbows.

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post
                    This thread makes me wonder if the MIAA is really down (only one team in the top 25 NWMS#11) and we are no longer the top conference or if we are really deep and talented and we just beat each other up and that causes our teams who are better then a lot of other top dogs in other conferences to appear better than what they are?
                    probably down;

considering the conference has very very few individuals in the top 20 in any given statistic - Dante Brown the kicker at FHSU is tops among kickers, Sal Silvio LB at Kearney is in the top 10 in tackles...and that might be it, Brania-Hopp is like 14th in receiving.

Offensively UCM is 9th in total offense but are 3-5 in the conference and defensively NW Mo only ranks 19th

Comment

Originally posted by Gorillahawk View Post
                      Last I checked (before this past weekend's games), no team had completed 60% of passes. Sacks aren't happening either, so when you have RELATIVELY mediocre QB play and it's not due to a bunch of sacks (although today's QB does a better job of throwing the ball away than they did years ago), it points to the conference being down, in my opinion. Of course, we wont know for another few weeks, so maybe the MIAA is just beating each other up. The eye test says that's wishful thinking, though.

Comment

Conference seems run heavy this year, tbh. NW, UCM, and LW running more than usual. Pitt, MW, UNK are super run heavy. WU, UCO, and Hays seem to be throwing it more than usual.

Not sure what Southern and NSU are doing?

Comment

Down conf year all around. Not much to be hyped about for post season. Second place in the conf gets rolled and maybe if theyre lucky NW wins one before bounced frim post season

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                            Down conf year all around. Not much to be hyped about for post season. Second place in the conf gets rolled and maybe if theyre lucky NW wins one before bounced frim post season
                            Precise analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
                              I don't know why you guys are so down on NW Mo...since they lost, the last four opponents that are 17-12, so not the bottom feeders of the conference; and have rolled them by an average 35-9.
                              They are starting to hit on all cylinders which can make them very scary, first game at home gets them rolling in the playoffs as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X