• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: All-MIAA

Sounds about right

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
      The First team back for Pitt is the one Weimers wouldn't give the ball to until about game 8.
      I was wondering how Horak got 1st team when all I heard on here was that he wasn't getting in?

Comment

Originally posted by HookemHerd View Post
        I was wondering how Horak got 1st team when all I heard on here was that he wasn't getting in?
        I assume it was his time as blocking back, slot, returner, and wildcat Qb along with making the most of the carries he did get at HB.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
          I assume it was his time as blocking back, slot, returner, and wildcat Qb along with making the most of the carries he did get at HB.
          Not saying he wasn't deserving. Just sounded like he wasn't getting in based on commenters

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
            I was talking to some people yesterday about the numbers for Wright (and I agree Brister is very similar). First, for red-shirt freshman, these are fantastic numbers. I think both teams have a lot going for them at QB.

For them to be "elite" though they have to get completion pct up to 62-65%. Of course, lots of variables in that (communication, drops, knowledge that comes with experience, learning the speed of the game, etc). However both were fantastic and their ability to run is a game changer for their teams. I have no doubt they will only get better and when they do, the MIAA is going to be tough. Not to mention that gutty young guy from Hays that was a RS Fr. I don't know his full skill set, but his poise in the NW game was impressive and he was willing to run. How old is the UCO backup kid from Wyoming that played vs. NW. He's got some talent as well.
            I don't think either one of them are far off. NW has the culture of player development and a pipeline of talent that Wright could be elite within a year or 2.

Brister still needs some help up front and could use a deep threat receiver opposite of Henneman to stretch the field. I think LU has enough in house to fill those roles the next 1-2 seasons in their young guys. Getting to face GLVC defenses over the next few years could create a prefect storm scenario that leads to some monster numbers. I wouldn't be surprised to see him challenge Phil Staback's school records by the end of his tenure.
            Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by catz54 View Post
              I was talking to some people yesterday about the numbers for Wright (and I agree Brister is very similar). First, for red-shirt freshman, these are fantastic numbers. I think both teams have a lot going for them at QB.

For them to be "elite" though they have to get completion pct up to 62-65%. Of course, lots of variables in that (communication, drops, knowledge that comes with experience, learning the speed of the game, etc). However both were fantastic and their ability to run is a game changer for their teams. I have no doubt they will only get better and when they do, the MIAA is going to be tough. Not to mention that gutty young guy from Hays that was a RS Fr. I don't know his full skill set, but his poise in the NW game was impressive and he was willing to run. How old is the UCO backup kid from Wyoming that played vs. NW. He's got some talent as well.
              The UCM QBs showed flashes. too, although they also had struggles more than the others. Of course, I assume Bolles will be back next year....

Comment

I understand Southern was 1-10 and that is going to hurt guys in individual awards voting... But Dalton James was 4th in the MIAA in rushing and didn't even get Honorable Mention.

Comment

Originally posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
                  I understand Southern was 1-10 and that is going to hurt guys in individual awards voting... But Dalton James was 4th in the MIAA in rushing and didn't even get Honorable Mention.
                  That's on Southern. Most of the guys on HM were put there by their own coaches. It's not a vote, and is often times a thanks for the service to seniors

Comment

That's on Southern. Most of the guys on HM were put there by their own coaches. It's not a vote, and is often times a thanks for the service to seniors
                    It's especially on Southern considering that with his YPC and TD numbers being so low, nobody else would've had him anywhere near their ballots.

Comment

Comment

Nope you are wrong. After the voting process a coach gets to put up I think 6 (unless they added or dropped) guys he wants on HM. Its completely the coaches call.

Comment

Congrats to Eskew and Roberts on making first team MIAA

Comment

Originally posted by NW Normal View Post
                            Congrats to Eskew and Roberts
                            Roberts has future DPOY written all over him imo

Comment

Roberts has future DPOY written all over him imo
                              He has the frame; hope he stays healthy. I would like to see him have at least two sacks Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by GorillaBred View Post
                                It's especially on Southern considering that with his YPC and TD numbers being so low, nobody else would've had him anywhere near their ballots.
                                Yeah, I noticed his low YPC average after I made the initial post. He was a workhorse though and he did have some strong games: 106 and TD vs Western, 138 and TD vs NSU, 109 vs UCO, 87 vs Lindenwood... and he didn't become the defined 'feature back' until about week 4. As far as his 2 TDs are concerned, that's clearly not awesome but the Lions only scored 9 *gag* offensive TDs *gag* all season *takes a minute to collect himself*. So, obviously very little fault of the athlete.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X