Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miaa coaching search

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Miaa coaching search

    Just joined the message board. Was with a friend yesterday watching some of the NFL games and his son plays for NSU. He said they had not heard anything on where the coaching search was at. Just curious if anyone has heard anything about who is in for that job. They are going to need a good hire to see improvements in this league!!! The hire should be a decent tell of where they are headed as a program IMO. Any other changes coming to MIAA staffs, is there anyone that would move up to the FCS level?...

  • #2
    Re: Miaa coaching search

    Originally posted by MIAAFootballGuy View Post
    Just joined the message board. Was with a friend yesterday watching some of the NFL games and his son plays for NSU. He said they had not heard anything on where the coaching search was at. Just curious if anyone has heard anything about who is in for that job. They are going to need a good hire to see improvements in this league!!! The hire should be a decent tell of where they are headed as a program IMO. Any other changes coming to MIAA staffs, is there anyone that would move up to the FCS level?...
    Southern Hired Sims from GCCC

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Miaa coaching search

      Thanks.. interesting hire. We'll see how he transitions from the junior college ranks to the DII level

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Miaa coaching search

        this doesn't exactly give me the confidence that they have anyone in mind. simple google search.....




        Northeastern State University seeks a Head Football Coach

        This is a full-time position which requires the organization and supervision of all aspects of an intercollegiate football program, including: comprehensive and visionary plan for developing the program; recruitment and retention of highly qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic and athletics excellence; relates well with student-athletes; motivates players year-round; works well with fellow coaches, support staff, administrators and campus community; proven game planner while being heavily involved during in-game decisions; effective practice planner; active and vocal to all units as needed; values the three phases of the game; emphasizes strength and conditioning; sound budget manager; effective public speaking skills; professional with electronic and print media; committed to fundraising; community and alumni engagement; positive ambassador; adheres to university branding standards effective and appropriate use of social media; directs camps and other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics

        In addition, the head coach will be responsible for supporting the philosophy, goals and mission of the university and its intercollegiate athletics program as well as commitment to and adherence of departmental, university, MIAA and NCAA compliance, policies and procedures

        Further, the Head Coach will supervise, mentor, and evaluate assistant coaches and participate in various departmental meetings.

        NSU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce as an essential part of excellence in faculty and staff at the University

        NSU will take actions to attract and retain qualified women and minorities in all positions and levels within the University.

        A minimum of seven (7) years of full-time coaching experience is required.
        A minimum of five (5) years of full-time collegiate coaching experience at the NCAA I or NCAA II level is preferred.
        Experience as a head coach, offensive coordinator or defensive coordinator is preferred.
        Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
        Proven ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Miaa coaching search

          Yeah i google it as well and looked on twitter but it seemed pretty quiet..

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Miaa coaching search

            Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
            Proven ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes
            probably put a premium on this message.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Miaa coaching search

              Former Angelo State’s Will Wagner might be a guy to look for. Has ties to the MIAA from his time at Northwest.

              Turned around a subpar ASU team and turned them a competive squad that made the playoffs. I believe he was 48-40 in his time here.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Miaa coaching search

                You might want to compare ASU facilities compared to NSU facilities.
                https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...ting_Guide.pdf

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Miaa coaching search

                  Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
                  Former Angelo State’s Will Wagner might be a guy to look for. Has ties to the MIAA from his time at Northwest.

                  Turned around a subpar ASU team and turned them a competive squad that made the playoffs. I believe he was 48-40 in his time here.
                  excellent.....


                  hey

                  while I have you here...HOT whatcha got? anything? strengths? weaknesses>?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Miaa coaching search

                    Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
                    excellent.....


                    hey

                    while I have you here...HOT whatcha got? anything? strengths? weaknesses>?
                    I honestly don’t know what to expect. We were playing good football until the announced the firing of Wagner before the last game and then we played flat and unmotivated and got kicked by Commerce.

                    Offense is talented and is pretty balanced this year. QB is athletic who can extend plays and receivers on the edge are both all conference kids. If our O-line is healthy i expect a battle in the trenches.

                    On D our front 7 are good. Led by our All-American D-end Markus Jones. He’s good for a sack and over 3 TFL a game. We’re good against the run and have solid linebackers.

                    Our corners are hot garbage so if you can throw, you’ll be successful. Safeties play well against run but can be vulnerable against fast slots over the top.

                    My prediction is you guys beat us by 14. I just don’t think we have a motivated team at the moment. But hopefully the seniors realize they get one last shot to go out with a win and keep the younger guys motivated.

                    Will be a fun matchup though! What about you guys?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Miaa coaching search

                      Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
                      I honestly don’t know what to expect. We were playing good football until the announced the firing of Wagner before the last game and then we played flat and unmotivated and got kicked by Commerce.

                      Offense is talented and is pretty balanced this year. QB is athletic who can extend plays and receivers on the edge are both all conference kids. If our O-line is healthy i expect a battle in the trenches.

                      On D our front 7 are good. Led by our All-American D-end Markus Jones. He’s good for a sack and over 3 TFL a game. We’re good against the run and have solid linebackers.

                      Our corners are hot garbage so if you can throw, you’ll be successful. Safeties play well against run but can be vulnerable against fast slots over the top.

                      My prediction is you guys beat us by 14. I just don’t think we have a motivated team at the moment. But hopefully the seniors realize they get one last shot to go out with a win and keep the younger guys motivated.

                      Will be a fun matchup though! What about you guys?
                      weve played well at times this year. last game we came out flat and turned the ball over 4 times and you can pretty much guess what happened.

                      we aren't running the ball as well as we have in the last few years but, seems like the entire conference put 8 in the box to make our rookie QBs beat them with their arm. we did ok with that.


                      the o is young, talented and beat up. we will finally be back with all of the starting lineman for the bowl game for the first time since game 3 however, our top 2 returning WRs will still be out and we will still be leaning on our 3rd string QB. we still have our starting all American running back but his 2nd and 3rd string back ups are hurt or were the last 3 weeks. its been interesting for sure this season. EVERYONE is getting playing time this year on offense.


                      defense is heavy on seniors and pretty salty. they had to pull themselves together as a squad after losing one of the starting corners to a terrible accident at the beginning of the season and we are thin on dline but the LB corps is ready for anything.


                      gonna be a good fight.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Miaa coaching search

                        Are you going to make the trip to Waco? Im sure I’ll make the trip up there. Only about a 3 hour drive for us which is one of the shortest road trips of the year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Miaa coaching search

                          Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
                          Former Angelo State’s Will Wagner might be a guy to look for. Has ties to the MIAA from his time at Northwest.

                          Turned around a subpar ASU team and turned them a competive squad that made the playoffs. I believe he was 48-40 in his time here.
                          Adam Dorrel at ACU might snatch up Will.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Miaa coaching search

                            Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
                            Are you going to make the trip to Waco? Im sure I’ll make the trip up there. Only about a 3 hour drive for us which is one of the shortest road trips of the year.
                            yeh oldest is a junior lineman. ill be there

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Miaa coaching search

                              Originally posted by RamFamAlum View Post
                              Former Angelo State’s Will Wagner might be a guy to look for. Has ties to the MIAA from his time at Northwest.

                              Turned around a subpar ASU team and turned them a competitive squad that made the playoffs. I believe he was 48-40 in his time here.
                              Firing Coach Wagner after going 48-40 and getting their first PO win since 1997. Sure it was a few year ago but still. You're in a competitive conference and are in the middle of BFE. TF were they thinking?!?! Did he piss someone off or something?

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X