Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA issues

Originally posted by Finishempty Fred View Post
    The only issue with the MIAA is it's fans. The sooner you realize that every school in D2 has the same number of scholarships, the better off you'll be.
    Hmmm....
    Cool Story Bro

Comment

The only issue with the MIAA is it's fans. The sooner you realize that every school in D2 has the same number of scholarships, the better off you'll be.
      This is incorrect in a lot of different ways.

Not all schools fund the full 36 equivalencies.

The way some schools set up their tuition and fees makes how schools are able to count their equivalencies different depending on whether they give out waivers or have a set tuition rate. So they may be able to give out something that would work out to more than the same 36 at a different school.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
        This is incorrect in a lot of different ways.

Not all schools fund the full 36 equivalencies.

The way some schools set up their tuition and fees makes how schools are able to count their equivalencies different depending on whether they give out waivers or have a set tuition rate. So they may be able to give out something that would work out to more than the same 36 at a different school.
        Thats a school problem. The NCAA allows all of D2 football the choice to fund 36 scholarships and divide them as they see fit.

Comment

Thats a school problem. The NCAA allows all of D2 football the choice to fund 36 scholarships and divide them as they see fit.
          So technically, that would make all D2 schools not equivalent. Some only fund 24 or so and some fund 36.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
            So technically, that would make all D2 schools not equivalent. Some only fund 24 or so and some fund 36.
            Only not equivalent if they choose to be.

Comment

They have the NAIA for programs that only want to fund 24 or so.

Comment

They have the NAIA for programs that only want to fund 24 or so.
                You do realize that most of the GAC doesn't fully fund.......

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                  Maybe they can go NAIA then.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                    Who in the GAC isn't fully funded?

Comment

I also don't like the silo scheduling, but don't believe it's a major factor in the decline of talent or performance in the play-offs.

An argument could be put forth that the indoor facilities arms race (MW, PSU, FHSU, NW) has backfired and wussified the big boy teams when it comes to playing in November...but that would be an equally lazy argument...maybe plausible, but not easily proven.

One thing no one has talked about much that seemed to me to be a problem for NW this year was the inability for the defensive scheme to account for/adjust to back-up QBs. FHSU and FSU both used back-ups and our defense was late to make adjustments...this is on the DC (which is RW) and he admitted as much in the FHSU post-game interview on the radio. Can't remember for sure, but didn't UCO also play a different QB than they did in the 3 games previous to the NW game? What about Ashland last year? I've drank since then, so those brain cells are long gone.

Food for thought...Discuss amongst yourselves :-)
                      Last edited by GoCatsGo5; 11-27-2018, 07:58 PM.

Comment

UCO played a different q.b in almost every game.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          UCO played a different q.b in almost every game.
                          had serious issues with the qbs this year...were at the point right now that we are one hit from having to burn a redshirt. I don't think any of them have started more than 4 in a row

Comment

I think to win in miaa teams have out to much emphasis on offense and the Miaa was built on power. And power does really well in November. I watched Mowest beat a explosive Henderson state team by just absolutely man handling them in first quarter.

Two teams in. And both on road on long trips isn't going to lead to regional championships.

My problem with silo, as I have posted several times before and will continue, is that the miaa teams loose advantage that sos can bring and that it would be good for teams to get a week or two where there aren't in scrap like Miaa teams do.

I know that is nsu and mssu right now but that doesn't help anyone. Let those two schedule some low quality teams get wins or go take a paycheck game and get revenue.

Silo is lazy scheduling like predatory primates is always on about. But it also only helps the elite teams. But at this point its not helping them either.

Now there are other reasons. Like the switch from nsic teams to glvc. The travel that involves the different types of play.

The GAC top4teams are good teams. The bottom and middle is not as good but the top 4 have earned respect and we need to accept that fact.

There is serious problems with football as a sport that needs to be addressed. Defence is at a serious disadvantage and now with safety protocols it's even further hampered.

The league has some issues that ending silo will not fix. But ending silo would help and change. Because at this point the old model is done and over.

Comment

As I've said for years, silo scheduling drives me freaking bonkers. There is absolutely no reason for it, but as soon as one conference does it, every conference does it and it screws everyone. Northwest got better every year by taking on old NCC or NSIC teams. I know even knowing what the NCC is makes me old around here but scheduling amazing teams is what made the team better, *not* playing the same 11 teams year in and year out. I know it'll never be up to me but when it comes to playoffs and having any idea about how good your team is on the national scale I hate everything about silo scheduling.

Comment

I also hate the silo stuff. I just don't buy using it as an excuse for declines in quality.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X