Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffons at Gorillas

Opening drive aided by a couple of PSU penalties give the Griffons a 7-0 lead with 10:51 to play in the first. Couple of nice throws by Steigerwald.

Do not kick to Vaval

Comment

Exchange of turnovers - Steigerwald throws a pick in the end zone, Mlekas fumbles it back on third down. First and ten Griffons at the Pitt 30.

Comment

And now Steigerwald throws his second interception of the game, just his fifth of the season.

Comment

Markel Smith with the short run gives the Griffons a 14-0 lead with 2:06 to play in the first. Griffs are winning the field position battle, doing a pretty good job defensively so far.

Comment

Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

14-0, end 1.

Comment

Griffs drive after a missed FG - 21-0 in the second.

Comment

Not gonna lie. Pitt kinda sucks this year. This game reminds me of 2012 so far. Yawn.

Comment

On course to give up 40 again.

Comment

Originally posted by optionright View Post
                      On course to give up 40 again.
                      Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

There's still a lot of time left in this one, but, assuming Pitt loses, I wonder how bad Pitt has to finish the season for a change to be made at HC? 7-4? 6-5? 5-6? Pitt is definitely underachieving these days.

Comment

Originally posted by GRIFFan_Kyle@MoWest View Post
                          There's still a lot of time left in this one, but, assuming Pitt loses, I wonder how bad Pitt has to finish the season for a change to be made at HC? 7-4? 6-5? 5-6? Pitt is definitely underachieving these days.
                          7 wins assures this pathetic coaching staff another year.
                          Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Looked like a lot of quit with the gorillas today. Disappinting.

Comment

Final 35-21. The score and stats look closer than the game ever felt. Seemed like both teams went into cruise control after the exchange of touchdowns to open the second half. Haven't seen Vespo in meaningful minutes in a while - it was good to see him finish the drive he came in for Steigerwald.

Side note: PSU webcast was really good - the student announcers did a nice job, and I appreciated the highlights from the UCM/UNK game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X