Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pitt State next season win total +/- 4

The hard sciences have no real world applications. The people who major in that only want to toot their own horn...

*sarcasm.

My MS in math got me in a classroom....

Comment

My bsed got me broke. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        So your new strategy is to hope everyone gets worse since NW is trending down?
        Actually we are trending up if you look at last year compared to this year.

Comment

To Jimbo's credit, he was only off by about 38.
          just a random number. I saw the fuggin list before I posted. tired of listening to you guy piss and moan about how many losses you guys will have next year. do something about beck or shut up. jesus.

you've spent a majority of this season cussing this team because of what the coaching staff has/is doing.....recruiting is a crap shoot for the most part. maybe they are just missing the mark on a few.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
            just a random number. I saw the fuggin list before I posted. tired of listening to you guy piss and moan about how many losses you guys will have next year. do something about beck or shut up. jesus.

you've spent a majority of this season cussing this team because of what the coaching staff has/is doing.....recruiting is a crap shoot for the most part. maybe they are just missing the mark on a few.
            IMO, recruiting is the one area where Beck and Co. have done well. Development is where they fall short.

Comment

IMO, recruiting is the one area where Beck and Co. have done well. Development is where they fall short.
              does he seem to have bob stoops problem? meaning too loyal to his coaches?
              that is whats wrong with ous defense right now...being too loyal and not wanting to fire people. if its time, its time. could be the some of the players too...kids in d2 are mostly there for the love of the game. theyd rather play d1 but dont want to take off the cleats just yet.

but in the 4 years ive been in d2, ive also seen a bunch of kids that think theyre too good for this division and end up getting booted.

cant be scared to cull the heard. we just canned a few starters....8-4 doesnt seem to sit well with us either.

Comment

that is whats wrong with ous defense right now...being too loyal and not wanting to fire people. if its time, its time. could be the some of the players too...kids in d2 are mostly there for the love of the game. theyd rather play d1 but dont want to take off the cleats just yet.

but in the 4 years ive been in d2, ive also seen a bunch of kids that think theyre too good for this division and end up getting booted.

cant be scared to cull the heard. we just canned a few starters....8-4 doesnt seem to sit well with us either.
                The OC is not great and the DC is too young, and basically all of the position coaches have their warts, but really, the problem at PSU isn't with any of them. It's the HC. The whole program is fine with being 8-3 and in PO contention down the stretch.

And I really do think Beck would take that program anywhere and, for lots of places, that's fine. In ten years, Pitt State probably will have declined to the point where it's fine there. But this sort of thing didn't happen in the late 80s or through the 90s. And then when it happened through the 00s, it created a real urgency and desperation in the program that would lead to little mini-revivals. 8-3 doesn't cause concern anymore and 9-3 with a first round PO loss would be a celebrated season. It's a program issue and it starts at the top.

Comment

I think that's a big part of the issue. The OC was a mediocre DC with 2 or 3 good seasons in 10 years, so they made him OC instead of bringing in a new one. Then they brought in Dreiling as the DC although it's only his 2nd year of coaching. ( think he will be a good one, but he is really young.

OL has had issues forever, but no changes were made there.

So the changes last year made the staff more insular and not less so. The only non-inbred part of the staff (ie: didn't play and coach at Pitt) was the OC they did get rid of last year.

Comment

Pitt St. picking up defensive transfer from Kansas State

https://www.koamnewsnow.com/sports/c...tate/938526378

Comment

Hopefully he works out.

Comment

I believe we have some young coaches that would love to recruit more on a national level (especially Texas), and I fear that Beck may be standing in the way of that.

Comment

Yes, Beck is loyal to a fault. The same thing is happening to Andy Reid right now. I believe both coaches are hurting their respective teams by being too loyal to assistants.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jim View Post
                            I believe we have some young coaches that would love to recruit more on a national level (especially Texas), and I fear that Beck may be standing in the way of that.
                            I hadn't heard that. Thanks for the info.

Comment

This is part of the problem. Doesn't want to let go of those that has been there a long time. Sometimes you need to. I say, send Beck with them and get rid of the issue all together.

Comment

Originally posted by PSR View Post
                                This is part of the problem. Doesn't want to let go of those that has been there a long time. Sometimes you need to. I say, send Beck with them and get rid of the issue all together.
                                That seems to be somewhat of NW problem as well with our Co-offensive coordinators.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X