Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partridge set to be new Northern Arizona DC

Joining new head coach and Griffon alum Chris Ball: https://azdailysun.com/news/local/je...b90ba47aa.html

Re: Partridge set to be new Northern Arizona DC

From the article: "Throughout his entire 30-plus year college coaching career, Partridge has never coached west of the Mississippi River."
    When did St. Joe move east of the Mississippi?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornetfan View Post
      From the article: "Throughout his entire 30-plus year college coaching career, Partridge has never coached west of the Mississippi River."
      Sadly that line was reprinted in the St. Joe paper. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
        LMAO!

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
          So the writer from Arizona gets an F for geography. The St Joe newspaper gets an F in editing.

Comment

That same newspaper employs that dummy Dave Hon, so we really shouldn't expect that much from them.

Comment

Originally posted by catatonic View Post
              So the writer from Arizona gets an F for geography. The St Joe newspaper gets an F in editing.
              The St Joe writer gets a WTF.

Comment

Has anybody ever noticed that most of the time newspapers just re-print information found elsewhere, even if it is just a press release? My favorite ones always include the general information about the MIAA being a 14 team league with teams in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma that blah blah blah etc.
                Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by UCObluejay View Post
                  Has anybody ever noticed that most of the time newspapers just re-print information found elsewhere, even if it is just a press release? My favorite ones always include the general information about the MIAA being a 14 team league with teams in Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, and Oklahoma that blah blah blah etc.
                  Agreed. Annoying as can be. Know your audience and expect them to know something.

When I edit stuff for D2Football, there are several things I edit out.

Broncho Football Team Upsets Northwest Missouri State = Bronchos Upset Northwest Missouri

California (Pa) falls to Notre Dame (Oh) in NCAA Division II Playoffs = California Falls to Notre Dame in First Round

I expect you to know this is a football site. I expect you to know where the teams are located. I expect you to realize this is the NCAA and Division II. There are probably a lot more but I like your post.

Comment

I'll admit, I didn't know where ND was until I saw them in a PO game.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                      I'll admit, I didn't know where ND was until I saw them in a PO game.
                      I understand. But you are also smart enough to know it's not The University of Notre Dame (IN). ;)

Comment

Yeah I did know it wasn't the golden domers.

Comment

Someone must have figured it out, because it reads "west of Missouri" now. This could have been avoided in any number of ways, such as: this little tidbit is irrelevant and is not important to the story.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X