Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 schedule and super duper early predictions

Pitt State:
    MoSo- The juco factory will have talent, but Pitt wins.

Emporia- They were pretty bad last year. Not sure how young they are, etc... Could go either way. 50/50

Lincoln- Win

NW- This is where the staff gets an introduction to the real MIAA. Bad Loss

UNK- Not sure what this staff knows about the option, and the lopers have been recruiting well. 50/50

Hays- 3rd physical team in a row. Staff learns about attrition and wishes they had more schollies. That said, they were down last year, so 50/50 since it's at home.

Central- I expect a dropoff for them, but they will be talented. 50/50

MW- Improving grinder team Probable loss

NSU- Win

Washburn- They weren't very talented last year, but still a 50/50

2 sure wins, 1 probable win, 1 sure loss, 1 probable loss, and 5 games that could go either way. win 3 of those, and Pitt gets 6 wins.

That said, I hope Pitt goes 10-0

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    Pitt State:
    MoSo- The juco factory will have talent, but Pitt wins.

Emporia- They were pretty bad last year. Not sure how young they are, etc... Could go either way. 50/50

Lincoln- Win

NW- This is where the staff gets an introduction to the real MIAA. Bad Loss

UNK- Not sure what this staff knows about the option, and the lopers have been recruiting well. 50/50

Hays- 3rd physical team in a row. Staff learns about attrition and wishes they had more schollies. That said, they were down last year, so 50/50 since it's at home.

Central- I expect a dropoff for them, but they will be talented. 50/50

MW- Improving grinder team Probable loss

NSU- Win

Washburn- They weren't very talented last year, but still a 50/50

2 sure wins, 1 probable win, 1 sure loss, 1 probable loss, and 5 games that could go either way. win 3 of those, and Pitt gets 6 wins.

That said, I hope Pitt goes 10-0

Comment

Comment

Comment

That could happen, too.

Comment

I think you nailed it.

Comment

I just sent in my donation for chairbacks on the "old settlers side" of the stadium and might not even get to attend a game. Oh well, I'm sure the school needs to $$$ and I have been way under budget this Spring as I have not been traveling or even going out. Just spending time down on the farm....

Comment

Well it will be another year of a lot of losses. But this should be the year it starts looking better. Not many upperclassmen will be left on roster. Should be near 70 nli signed recruits that are redshirt or true fresh on campus.
                It will get better just might be another year before it shows .

????

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                  Well it will be another year of a lot of losses. But this should be the year it starts looking better. Not many upperclassmen will be left on roster. Should be near 70 nli signed recruits that are redshirt or true fresh on campus.
                  It will get better just might be another year before it shows .

????
                  I doubt you have many losses this year. or many games, for that matter.

Comment

That would be my luck. I am three weeks from a divorce and an unlimited yard pass to travel to d2 paradise. But no. Global pandemic.

Comment

Last edited by NWFanatic; 07-14-2020, 11:05 PM.

Comment

President Wilson put Missouri Western on the path to financial stability. After years of deficit spending, this year and next year's budgets would have been balanced until COVID hit and dried up state appropriations. Nobody can predict the future, and higher ed is in an especially precarious place right now, but in a lot of ways MWSU is ahead of the curve in that they started to address their financial challenges before the pandemic, unlike many schools.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

President Wilson put Missouri Western on the path to financial stability. After years of deficit spending, this year and next year's budgets would have been balanced until COVID hit and dried up state appropriations. Nobody can predict the future, and higher ed is in an especially precarious place right now, but in a lot of ways MWSU is ahead of the curve in that they started to address their financial challenges before the pandemic, unlike many schools.
                          As you said, higher education is in a precarious place so please don't take this wrong- I'm truly trying to understand here.

Western has deficit spent for the last decade or more and only now they are addressing the issue while other schools have made tough decisions for years (as an example NW has done a reduction in force and cut programs at least once in the last decade that I can remember) but Western is ahead of the curve? I'm not sure how that is. Seems like they are way behind and that's why they're in the position they are to make such drastic cuts that were necessary- for being so far behind. I think they are catching up to what others have been doing although I'm not as familiar to what other schools have done. I'm more familiar with what's happened at NW.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

As you said, higher education is in a precarious place so please don't take this wrong- I'm truly trying to understand here.

Western has deficit spent for the last decade or more and only now they are addressing the issue while other schools have made tough decisions for years (as an example NW has done a reduction in force and cut programs at least once in the last decade that I can remember) but Western is ahead of the curve? I'm not sure how that is. Seems like they are way behind and that's why they're in the position they are to make such drastic cuts that were necessary- for being so far behind. I think they are catching up to what others have been doing although I'm not as familiar to what other schools have done. I'm more familiar with what's happened at NW.
                            I believe more and more universities will be forced to take drastic action in the coming months. Missouri Western has bitten the bullet early.
                            Exigency declarations could help institutions stressed by the pandemic save money, but they also come with their own costs. Faculty advocates worry processes are being bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

I believe more and more universities will be forced to take drastic action in the coming months. Missouri Western has bitten the bullet early.
                              I guess? Seems like everything Wilson did was needed pre-covid. Some schools may need to declare financial exigency due to COVID but Western was in that position pre-covid.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X