IH8FERRIS

Comment

Re: Signing Day

Here is UCO's Class

https://bronchosports.com/news/2019/...all-class.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
        The Lee's Summit North QB was a handful. He's not much of a passer though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
          Replying to the goofy people (Pitt fans and Southern fans alike) who think Southern's problem is they don't recruit local kids. As if they had all local kids, fans would come out in droves ... Win and nobody cares where they're from.
          True. But you're not winning. So better shop for some local kids that will bring their family and friends to the game!

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat97 View Post
            The Lee's Summit North QB was a handful. He's not much of a passer though.
            And that's a problem ?
            -Dave Weimers

Comment

Replying to the goofy people (Pitt fans and Southern fans alike) who think Southern's problem is they don't recruit local kids. As if they had all local kids, fans would come out in droves ... Win and nobody cares where they're from.
              How would you know what it takes to be successful? You are the conf perennial crusty sock.

Comment

Here's the UNK summary: https://lopers.com/news/2019/2/5/foo...formation.aspx

Comment

The funny thing is that when they do recruit local kids, some of the same people will complain about recruiting too many local kids.

Comment

https://fhsuathletics.com/news/2019/...y-central.aspx

Seems Brown and Co. Had a similar idea to Wright as far as a need to get bigger in trenches.

Comment

Jake Soy had darn good speed and great hands with a good verticle. Jake was smart and knew what wood work with his excellent routes and his work ethic was a inspiring to all the other receivers. He taught my son what it meant to be a Champion!

Comment

Originally posted by washeduptiger View Post
                        https://fhsuathletics.com/news/2019/...y-central.aspx

Seems Brown and Co. Had a similar idea to Wright as far as a need to get bigger in trenches.
                        I'd say so... geez! Them some bigs boys!

Kendrick Davis, 6-3, 335, OL, West Bend, Wisc. (Iowa Western CC)
                        Ted Hessing, 6-6, 340, OL, Stuart, Fla. (Arizona Western CC)
                        Matthew Redick, 6-4, 305, OL, Wichita, Kan. (Bishop Carroll HS)
                        Jacob Schroeder, 6-4, 290, OL, Victoria, Kan. (Victoria HS)

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                          Holy cow. Is that some kind of record for number of signees?
                          A couple of years ago, Southern brought in a class of like 75. So no, not a record lol

Comment

Originally posted by IM N GUD H&NZ BEARCAT View Post
                            Shout out to #CalledToDutyGorillaWarfare
                            That's a ridiculous hashtag, but what in the ever-loving hell is #R19HGANG supposed to be?
                            I expect something like #coaLIT19n from MSSU, but c'mon Northwest.

Comment

https://mssulions.com/news/2019/2/6/...y-central.aspx

There is Southern's page... but, I think it's incomplete as the MOSOFootball twitter account sent a few more tweets out last night regarding new signees.

I think there are two kids in particular on this list to be very, very excited about:

Reginald Hemphill- WR who started his college career at University of Texas (had a 91-yard punt return TD vs Maryland 2 years ago)... High 3* guy on all the major recruiting sites out of HS... Bounced back to Trinity Valley CC and is now in Joplin... As D2 recruits go, this is about as exciting as a prospect can be.
                              Dillon Williams- MLB manned the middle of Sims' defense at Garden City for the last two years... Led GCCC with 91 tackles in 2018 and had 17 TFL (5 sacks)... At Holcomb HS in KS he was the 4A-II defensive player of the year and won a state championship.

They also added some good size on the lines:
                              Sebastian Blunt 6-5 300 lbs
                              Gabriel Collins 6-5 330 lbs
                              Caleb Gouge 6-0 308 lbs
                              Carlos Hernandez 6-5 330 lbs
                              Tanner Smith 6-8 310 lbs

They did only bring in two local kids but, I think they are both legit D2 prospects... I would rather only get a couple local kids like that than just load up on token locals to drum up generic excitement.

LB Colton Winder (Carthage MO)- offers from Missouri S&T and Southern Arkansas
                              OL/DL Caleb Gouge (Lamar MO)- offers from Morningside (D3 National Champs), SBU, and Pitt State.

One last observation to note: They aren't listing positions anywhere with regards to these kids on the recruiting landing site. By my count, at least 11 of these signees were wide receivers in HS. This is just an theory but, in the early-going all of the receivers that this staff gave offers to were big-bodied guys (6-2 or taller, most at least 185 lbs and some up to 210 lbs)... then as the process got later, they moved on to smaller guys (5'8-6'1, 160-180 lbs.)
                              I wonder if the idea is to utilize some of these smaller guys in the run game and try to overwhelm defensive backs with size on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by NewmanAndDuquesne View Post
                                https://mssulions.com/news/2019/2/6/...y-central.aspx

There is Southern's page... but, I think it's incomplete as the MOSOFootball twitter account sent a few more tweets out last night regarding new signees.

I think there are two kids in particular on this list to be very, very excited about:

Reginald Hemphill- WR who started his college career at University of Texas (had a 91-yard punt return TD vs Maryland 2 years ago)... High 3* guy on all the major recruiting sites out of HS... Bounced back to Trinity Valley CC and is now in Joplin... As D2 recruits go, this is about as exciting as a prospect can be.
                                Dillon Williams- MLB manned the middle of Sims' defense at Garden City for the last two years... Led GCCC with 91 tackles in 2018 and had 17 TFL (5 sacks)... At Holcomb HS in KS he was the 4A-II defensive player of the year and won a state championship.

They also added some good size on the lines:
                                Sebastian Blunt 6-5 300 lbs
                                Gabriel Collins 6-5 330 lbs
                                Caleb Gouge 6-0 308 lbs
                                Carlos Hernandez 6-5 330 lbs
                                Tanner Smith 6-8 310 lbs

They did only bring in two local kids but, I think they are both legit D2 prospects... I would rather only get a couple local kids like that than just load up on token locals to drum up generic excitement.

LB Colton Winder (Carthage MO)- offers from Missouri S&T and Southern Arkansas
                                OL/DL Caleb Gouge (Lamar MO)- offers from Morningside (D3 National Champs), SBU, and Pitt State.

One last observation to note: They aren't listing positions anywhere with regards to these kids on the recruiting landing site. By my count, at least 11 of these signees were wide receivers in HS. This is just an theory but, in the early-going all of the receivers that this staff gave offers to were big-bodied guys (6-2 or taller, most at least 185 lbs and some up to 210 lbs)... then as the process got later, they moved on to smaller guys (5'8-6'1, 160-180 lbs.)
                                I wonder if the idea is to utilize some of these smaller guys in the run game and try to overwhelm defensive backs with size on the outside.
                                A lot of schools just recruit athletes, (Usually HS QB, WR, and DB) then find a skill position where they can excel.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X