• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washburn Regents Approve Indoor Facility Construction

Link

Re: Washburn Regents Approve Indoor Facility Construction

Originally posted by crowmania View Post
    Great facility upgrade. I was curious as to how the school came up with the Mascot Ichabod? My first thought was a either a founder or a mega donor. My research on google proved me right. Still, with the Sleepy Hollow tale I would think the school would have updated the Mascot. The name Ichabod is Hebrew and it literally means NO GLORY.

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
      Great facility upgrade. I was curious as to how the school came up with the Mascot Ichabod? My first thought was a either a founder or a mega donor. My research on google proved me right. Still, with the Sleepy Hollow tale I would think the school would have updated the Mascot. The name Ichabod is Hebrew and it literally means NO GLORY.
      Just curious. Will they be naming the facility "The Ichabod Hole"?

Comment

Originally posted by Techster88 View Post
        He was a deacon in the Congregationalist Church, an abolitionist and a philanthropist.

Comment

Comment

No glory is pretty on point for the program the last 7-8 years. Schurig lost several coordinators that could recruit and coach and he hasn't been able to replace them. I think they still get plenty of talent but their O and D line play have regressed more and more over the that time span.

I think Ichabods is fine for a mascot. It's unique. Good? Certainly not. But Tiger or bulldog etc is played out.

Washburn education is pretty legit for business or nursing and the law school is very well known nationally.

Comment

Ichabods is definitely a weird mascot. Do the women's teams go by Ichabroads ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                Great question. And when the football players graduate, do they become Ica-dad-bods?

Comment

I like the facility and the name is kinda neat...for somebody else...beats the St. Bonaventure Bonnies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                    Originally posted by OICU812 View Post
                    Great question. And when the football players graduate, do they become Ica-dad-bods?

LOL ..... those are good ones.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X