Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MIAA Football Task Force

Until there are 10 football playing schools in the conference I'm fine with conference only schedules. Not a fan of awarding "Conference" Championships in which you do not play every school.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
      Until there are 10 football playing schools in the conference I'm fine with conference only schedules. Not a fan of awarding "Conference" Championships in which you do not play every school.
      Works well for the SEC and Big 10

Comment

truly impressive that we are able to get presidents, athletic directors and coaches around the same table to discuss these important issuesWell football is the most important sport at any institution. And the AD's and coaches should be directly involved in any scheduling discussions. When one is impressed by things that should be standard I question what the standard actually is.
        Football isn't the most important sport at KU or Kentucky - Or Kentucky Wesleyan - or Lincoln or Southwest Baptist ... The MIAA has fallen well behind the NSIC by having conference only games - Non-conference games are VERY helpful - to schedule wins, schedule money games, or to strenghthen regional standing.

Comment

^^^^

the only thing dumber is when you play every school and then play a ccg anyway
          Go Bearcats!
          M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
            Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
              Football isn't the most important sport at KU or Kentucky - Or Kentucky Wesleyan - or Lincoln or Southwest Baptist ..
              lol
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

If you guys have some time to kill, here is a piece I wrote after catching up with MSSU AD Jared Bruggeman, who is on the Task Force looking into adding non-conference. He makes it sound like there is considerable momentum with relatively minimal push back at this point.

https://newmanandduquesne.wordpress....n-to-the-miaa/

Comment

https://twitter.com/ChrisRoush30/sta...44625719836672

Comment

So nonplayoff teams beating other nonplayoff teams says that more MIAA teams should be in the POs. ok. lol.

It's the product on the field.

Since the joining of the GLIAC to the region, what team from the MIAA was left out of the POs that was really deserving? Or was deserving of a higher seed?

Assuming every conference is guaranteed 1 participant - 4 spots taken. GLIAC will always have at least 2 imo. 5 spots taken. Safe to say MIAA will typically have 2 as well. 6 spots taken. So 1 spot available from GLIAC/MIAA/GAC.

I'm more concerned about the erosion of the quality of play in the conference and particularly at NW. That has zero to do with scheduling imo. We had a thread on that topic.

Comment

I used to be hung up on that too, but there is no way to get to non cons and do this without booting teams out. I know nobody is getting booted, so I have come to terms with it.

Plus if there's a chance that Lincoln or some other school who is terrible at football gets replaced as a home game by a non con every few years, I'm all for it.

Comment

I wouldn't expect Lincoln to go anywhere soon - the MIAA paid a LOT to get them into the MIAA this year, IMO -

Remember when we HAD open dates and Lincoln beat Grambling? Something like that is great for them - and the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Frosty View Post
                          I wouldn't expect Lincoln to go anywhere soon - the MIAA paid a LOT to get them into the MIAA this year, IMO -

Remember when we HAD open dates and Lincoln beat Grambling? Something like that is great for them - and the MIAA.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
                            The only Power Five conference where everyone plays each other AND has a conference championship game is the Big X(II). Then again, all that Big X(II) title games does is (1) give Jerruh more money because the game is at THE Stadium in Arlington and (2) reaffirms that the only Big X(II) team to even be remotely competitive at the national level are the Okie Dokes of Norman (that's it; that's the list).

The only reason the conference championship games work out well for the other Power Five leagues and the Group of Five leagues is that you have a divisional format that the Big X(II) doesn't have.
                            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

So nonplayoff teams beating other nonplayoff teams says that more MIAA teams should be in the POs. ok. lol.

It's the product on the field.

Since the joining of the GLIAC to the region, what team from the MIAA was left out of the POs that was really deserving? Or was deserving of a higher seed?

Assuming every conference is guaranteed 1 participant - 4 spots taken. GLIAC will always have at least 2 imo. 5 spots taken. Safe to say MIAA will typically have 2 as well. 6 spots taken. So 1 spot available from GLIAC/MIAA/GAC.

I'm more concerned about the erosion of the quality of play in the conference and particularly at NW. That has zero to do with scheduling imo. We had a thread on that topic.
                              I know there have been various conversations on the topic in the past, but I don't think any of them have led to a definitive conclusion that the decline in the quality of play in the conference has nothing to do with scheduling.

Two possible benefits to external games: if a ten team conference goes 15-5 in non-con games, that's going to boost the SOS enough to heavily tilt that last available PO spot in the MIAA's favor and some sort of external games could/should breath some life into the programs--both fan bases and coaching staffs.

Obvious possible downside: a ten team conference goes 5-15 in non-con games and we've likely eliminated the chance of a two-loss team making it in from the conference, even if they happen to go 2-0 in non-con games.

While I agree that no deserving team has missed since we got grouped with the GLIAC, that is only a two year window and the possibility has been out there each year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X