Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predict: MIAA passing leader

Re: Predict: MIAA passing leader

I think you hit the nail on the head regarding Bolles.

I really don't know about the next in line. Part of me thinks it will be whoever Emporia plays because they have done a really good job throwing the ball for a while now. Schurig might change a little with his son at quarterback, but I've always felt he was a guy that likes to run the ball, although Dane Simoneau did a great job when he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
      I think you hit the nail on the head regarding Bolles.

I really don't know about the next in line. Part of me thinks it will be whoever Emporia plays because they have done a really good job throwing the ball for a while now. Schurig might change a little with his son at quarterback, but I've always felt he was a guy that likes to run the ball, although Dane Simoneau did a great job when he was there.

Comment

Are we only counting shot puts to the TE, 4 yard slants and WR screens? Because if so I like my pick of Pitt State's QB.

Comment

UCM could have and probably should have beaten NW in 2017. They always play Northwest well and Jim is great, especially coming from behind.

Comment

Go Bearcats!
            M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post
              Are we only counting shot puts to the TE, 4 yard slants and WR screens? Because if so I like my pick of Pitt State's QB.
              I think with an additional man in the brainiac punt formation, the guy throwing the ball could surprise every team Pitt plays.
              Sent from my GorillaPad

Comment

Bolles/Hunt is the safe answer here; it's not going to matter, they might even go 1, 2 in the conference if they can both throw something like 200 yards a game each

Fuller at Fort Hays should put up some big numbers; all the receivers from last years team are back and Fuller was used sparingly in the passing game with Mezera still doing the bulk of the throwing last year. With Mezera gone, Fuller gets to air it out.

Dark horse would be Will Collins UCO - he was the starter for the last 7 games last year going 6-1 and tossing for 1,700 yards. Give him all 11 and he could get to 3,000

Comment

He won't be playing for Pitt, MW, or Kearney. Other than that, IDK?

Comment

Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
                    Bolles/Hunt is the safe answer here; it's not going to matter, they might even go 1, 2 in the conference if they can both throw something like 200 yards a game each

Fuller at Fort Hays should put up some big numbers; all the receivers from last years team are back and Fuller was used sparingly in the passing game with Mezera still doing the bulk of the throwing last year. With Mezera gone, Fuller gets to air it out.

Dark horse would be Will Collins UCO - he was the starter for the last 7 games last year going 6-1 and tossing for 1,700 yards. Give him all 11 and he could get to 3,000

I went to the spring game and Hunt was not listed on the one page hand out program. I guess he's still on the team, but I'm not sure since the 2019 roster has not been posted.

Comment

Scurig had a pretty special WR to throw to last year, so time will tell with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss My Ass View Post
                        I went to the spring game and Hunt was not listed on the one page hand out program. I guess he's still on the team, but I'm not sure since the 2019 roster has not been posted.
                        Hunt transferred to a juco in Texas. Not sure which one

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                          UCM could have and probably should have beaten NW in 2017. They always play Northwest well and Jim is great, especially coming from behind.
                          Last year NW curb stomped UCM...

Comment

Originally posted by GreenwoodBearcat View Post
                            Last year NW curb stomped UCM...
                            How bad could it have been, well let me tell you. The weather was clear and 30*, but it felt like 10* on the shady home side. On the sunny visitors side the Bearcat fans basked in the warm sunshine as the mean green machine chewed on donkey fazoo. At the half it was 24-0 and 45-0 after three quarters before Northwest called off the dogs. The "fazoos" scored 3 TD in garbage time to make the final 48 - 21. Just how bad was the Mules defense....Josh Caldwell (The A Train) rushed for 182 yards and averaged 12 yards per carry and Braden Wright threw for 240 yards and 3 TD. Just how bad was it? It was so bad that at halftime I abandoned my frigid home side seat and went to the bar in Spin Pizza in the north end zone and did about 6 shooters. At that point I decided to finish out the game on the sunny and warmer visitors side, plus I wanted to get Caldwell's autograph. Yes, GB the Bearcats curb stomped the Mules and that was putting it mildly....and oh ya, the Mules have a new defensive coordinator. The return of quarterback Brook Bolles 3.0 will fix the offense. Will the Mules be able to upset the Bearcats in Maryville this year.....history says no stinking way, but what irony it would be for Bolles to trigger the upset in his last conference game and in MARYVILLE....bartender give me another shooter as I dream on.....
                            Last edited by Kiss My Ass; 06-17-2019, 07:28 AM.

Comment

central's defense would have fared better with qb1 healthy as the o would have helped it by staying on the field longer. ly was a bit of an outlier due in no small part to qb depth. the games are usually much more competitive than that. they could easily beat us this yr. or not. but they are talented enough to necessarily do so.
                              Go Bearcats!
                              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X