Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UIndy's Al Mckeller Transfers to NWMU

The rich get richer, amirite?

He's rushed for over 1000 yards and at least 12 TDs in each of his first 3 years at UIndy. Brings with him over 3500 career rushing yards and 42 rushing TDs. He was set to become half of a dynamic two headed moster at RB with Toriano Clinton (2012 yds, 20 TDs in 25 games).

Looking at the Bearcat roster of RB's, it doesn't look like they had a lot of known commodities.

Could Mckeller be the piece to push NWMU to another National Championship?
    Cool Story Bro

Big,

How does he rate as a receiver/pass catcher? IDK how the new OC will use his RBs in the revamped passing offense, but past NW teams had no problems throwing slants or tossing shovels to the backs (or even a downfield pass or two if you were a combo back like Jordan Grove :-) at the line to open things up.

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post
    The rich get richer, amirite?

He's rushed for over 1000 yards and at least 12 TDs in each of his first 3 years at UIndy. Brings with him over 3500 career rushing yards and 42 rushing TDs. He was set to become half of a dynamic two headed moster at RB with Toriano Clinton (2012 yds, 20 TDs in 25 games).

Looking at the Bearcat roster of RB's, it doesn't look like they had a lot of known commodities.

Could Mckeller be the piece to push NWMU to another National Championship?

Comment

Originally posted by lleachieshusband View Post
      Big,

How does he rate as a receiver/pass catcher? IDK how the new OC will use his RBs in the revamped passing offense, but past NW teams had no problems throwing slants or tossing shovels to the backs (or even a downfield pass or two if you were a combo back like Jordan Grove :-) at the line to open things up.

He really wasn't used that much in the passing game. He only has 23 receptions for 189 total yards in his career. UIndy is a run heavy offense, so none of their RB's really put up impressive stats catching the ball. When they do pass, it's to receivers and tight ends.

Mckeller seems to me to be a more traditional work horse RB with break away speed. He's capable of carrying the ball 20-25 times a game and be a threat to score with every one of those carries.

EDIT: This is still big replying... I didn't realize I logged into my other account when I replied, lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
      Working...
      X